Stupid Light Still on Delay Function!

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For several years, I have built cars for Toys for Tots. Each year it seems I add another jig to do an operation. The bodies are shaped like a Volkswagon, so they are easy to sand on disk sander. Except the area where the windshield meets the hood. Last year I made a jig to hold bodies, while I sanded this area. When unpacking, I looked at jig and couldn't remember how it worked. It's just a couple of pieces of wood attached to a piece of plywood, and FOUR SCREWS, for what I couldn't remember:icon_scra. To sand bodies, I had to hold body in one hand, and sander in the other. In just a few moments both hands were numb:gar-Cr. Took a break, came back and did some more- repeatedly. On about car number 95 (out of 120), the STUPID LIGHT came on:BangHead:! The four screws hold a toggle clemp like is on a Kreg Jig. This way, plywood is clamped to bench, and car body is held in place by toggle clamp, while sanding. Gotta figure out how to get the delay function out of my stupid light- it comes on TOO LATE!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Trust me you are not alone, I sometimes head out to do something important and get half way there and wonder what I am out for LOL LOL
A suggestion tho, now that you have it setup take several pictures! whe you break it back down store a picture with the parts :gar-La;

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Jack, you're not fast enough. A couple months back, I told my wife I was going to the shop to do something before I forgot. I wasn't fast enough, because by time I got to the shop, I had forgot. Memory is a funny thing. In 1987, I worked for a year in Virginia Beach. At a Home Quarters store I bought a bunch of coping saw blades. I put them away, here in the house. A few weeks back, I broke the blade in my coping saw. Went straight from shop to house and got bag of blades. Now remember I hadn't touched these since 1987-22 YEARS. Went back to the shop, and couldn't find the coping saw which I had five minutes earlier. DUH?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Gotta figure out how to get the delay function out of my stupid light- it comes on TOO LATE!
Experience helps you recognize you've made the same mistake again :) I've got TONS of experience by now.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
You need to print your post and staple it to the jig for next year! That is a great thing you are doing with toys for tots.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS