Stud, Moisture, Metal and Voltage Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Ran across this item at WC the other day and decided to pick it up. It's a 4-in-1 Stud, Moisture, Metal and Voltage Detector.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonin-50215-Moisture-Voltage-Detector/dp/B000N23PCK
31ddLzgBt%2BL._AA280_.jpg

Anyone have one of these? What's your opinion?

I don't have high hopes, but I've got think it's gotta have $35 in value with all four functions.

cpw

New User
Charles
Don't know anything about this device, but it reminds me of what a used motorcycle dealer told me once when I was considering buying a street & trail bike: It isn't going to be much of a street bike, and it isn't going to be much of a trail bike.

J

jeff...

You can use that bad boy as a fish finder too. stick the probes in the water and press the button it beeps when a 10 LB bass is nearby. Also you can use it to revive your night crawlers. touch the probes to the worm and push the button, a small worm size electric shock will be administered to the worm and his / her heart starts pumping again. It's best to do this after the worm is on the hook because it also administers a small worm sized doze of pain medication to the worm. Nothing like a lively pain killer induced worm to attract that big 10 LB bass...

J

jeff...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
jeff, does it work for trout too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Not that paticuular model - you need model 00700 for trout. Actually you can pre-program the 00700 to alert you to just about any fish species and size, except sharks and stingray - however both shark and stinkray will be included in revision 00700-1

http://www.amazon.com/Sonin-00700-W...ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1201720790&sr=1-3

Simply press the button the number of times to select your fish species. I think 303 times is for rainbow trout. Wait 1 min the press the button the number of times per pound. 5 button pushes is 5 LBs, 6 button pushes is 6 LBs, etc... place the detector in the water and it will beep when the programed fish and weight is close by.

Used in conujunction with model 50215 - you've just about got it all covered, fish species / weight and druged worm recovery.

Thanks

Attachments

• 41W964NY99L._AA280_.jpg
    41W964NY99L._AA280_.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 240

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jeremy,

I haven't used that brand... I use an old Zircon stud finder. I hang a boatload of cabinets, shelves, etc. and I've had very good luck with the one I have. So, the find-it-behind-the-wall technology does work quite well. I can't tell you anything about the moisture part... but if the unit is wet, there's moisture.

Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I'll compare it to my other moisture meter and see how they compare. Though the expensive moisture meters are likely much more accurate, I'd have to think it'll get me in the range. :oops:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Not that paticuular model - you need model 00700 for trout. Actually you can pre-program the 00700 to alert you to just about any fish species and size, except sharks and stingray - however both shark and stinkray will be included in revision 00700-1

http://www.amazon.com/Sonin-00700-W...ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1201720790&sr=1-3

Simply press the button the number of times to select your fish species. I think 303 times is for rainbow trout. Wait 1 min the press the button the number of times per pound. 5 button pushes is 5 LBs, 6 button pushes is 6 LBs, etc... place the detector in the water and it will beep when the programed fish and weight is close by.

Used in conujunction with model 50215 - you've just about got it all covered, fish species / weight and druged worm recovery.

Thanks

Hey Jeff,

Doesn't that have a optional fish-stun feature so you don't have to carry a pole or bait?... just scoop them off the surface?

Ray

J

jeff...

Hey Jeff,

Doesn't that have a optional fish-stun feature so you don't have to carry a pole or bait?... just scoop them off the surface?

Ray

Ah you must have the X11 upgrade chip installed in your 00700. With X11 installed you can send pulses of 1,000,000 volt shock waves into the deepest part of the lake. Within 20 seconds of pressing the button, fish, frogs turtles, water moccasins and other forms a strange lake life float to the top of the water with their eyes closed. You merely troll around with a net and grab what you want. When you bagged your limit, flip the switch to reverse insert the 00700 into the water and push the button again. Automagicly the fish wake up and take safe haven back into the deepest part of the lake.

All of this new great fishing technology was developed with the assistance of the American coalition for worm and fish rights (ACWFR) and has been ruled by the seapeme court as a humane way to catch fish, hooks hurt the poor fish you know. This ultra lost cost technology can be yours thanks to the tax payers of the United States of America and the US Fish and willife agency who "had a dream". You may notice both the 50215, 00700 and the X11 upgrade chip are made in China. Please don't be concerned as you tax payers funded Sonin so they are what they are today. Hurry and get yours today before other third world countries pick up on the idea and mass produce unsafe versions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors