started new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
yesterday afternoon i started milling rough white oak for a couple of dressers for the grandkids.cut a few tenons and did some glue ups today. progress pics.:eusa_danc

Attachments

• glueup1.JPG
    glueup1.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 185
  • glueup2.JPG
    glueup2.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 171
  • glueup3.JPG
    glueup3.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5762.JPG
    IMG_5762.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 182

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Hey Fred, did you hijack a shipment of besseys???? :lol: :lol: Got a couple my self, would like more, maybe some day.;-)

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Got clamps???:lol: :lol: :lol: That looks like a good start, keep us posted as you progress. Using White Oak, are they going to be A&C styled? I am sure they will turn out awesome.
Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Hey Fred, did you hijack a shipment of besseys???? :lol: :lol: Got a couple my self, would like more, maybe some day.;-)

Mike

hit home depot a year or so ago when they were on clearance for 70% off.:eusa_clap bought all they had!:-D
of coarse that was right after HF had theirs on sale but you can never have too many clamps!:roll:

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Got clamps???:lol: :lol: :lol: That looks like a good start, keep us posted as you progress. Using White Oak, are they going to be A&C styled? I am sure they will turn out awesome.
Dave:)

dont know yet. its my whatever i need to do to fix the next mistake style!:-D almost got that perfected.:icon_thum i had a design in my head before i got started but we will see how close it gets! i fergit stuff bout every 2 or 3 seconds soooo.... who needs a brain when ya got tools?:roll:

fred p

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Fred are ya showing off the work or the clamps?? :lol: :lol:

Looks like a pretty darn productive day to me.

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That is one nice collection of clamps!

Fred, we need some shop pics!!

Where do you live? Ah, found you. I need to come borrow some tools it looks like. Franklinton here I come!:lol:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
got one mostly put together today. the other is ready to glue up maybe tomorrow.

fred

Attachments

• IMG_5782.JPG
    IMG_5782.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_5784.JPG
    IMG_5784.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 161

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Wow Fred! You are faster than Dave! How are you going to do your drawers runners? Wood guides, center supports, or premade slides?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i am going to make up some runners and guides soon as i get the other dresser glued up. i will install both at the same time. drawers will be done the same way. looks like i will be out of the shop for a couple days though.:-( maybe the first of the week before i get back out there.

fred p

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Cool. Would love to see pics and your methodology. Getting drawers to work smoothly in dressers is still somewhat of a challenge for me.

J

jeff...

Fred, great looking dresser :icon_thum. if it's not to much to ask please shoot a few extra pics of the runner and drawer construction. I really struggle with drawers big time.

Thanks

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, great looking dresser :icon_thum. if it's not to much to ask please shoot a few extra pics of the runner and drawer construction. I really struggle with drawers big time.

Thanks

i will.:) but it may be a few days before i get to it.:cry: when i do wood runners i use more wood than some do. it makes the dresser heavier but i believe it makes the drawers more usable. i might try some of that slick plastic stuff on these.8-O

fred

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
More of your magic!! Impressive.

BUT: you have some of that magic dust loose in your shop. The outsides may be white oak, but the insides appear to have transmorgified into walnut!! 8-O

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS