Start of my next project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I'm finally getting to start to make a viola case. No don't play, going to use it for a gun case. My plan is to go to see Sawman101 and stack cut some spruce to make my curved sections, then join them with some more spruce. For the top and bottom I have some things plywood. I hope to cover it all with some beautiful walnut viner I got off eBay.
attachment.php
These are my proto type pieces.
attachment.php
This is to be my overall shape. You know I never would have tried this if it wasn't for this group. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170730_095911.jpg
    IMG_20170730_095911.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20170730_095835.jpg
    IMG_20170730_095835.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 260

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Its my FNPS 90 bullpup. 5.7x28mm really fun to shoot.
attachment.php

Those are a sweet shooting gun - hardly any recoil and very comfortable! That ought to be pretty cool in that case too! A friend of mine had one that I handled about a year ago.

I have an original 1928A1 (9/42 mfg) with an FBI case and a guitar case. I use the FBI case all the time but have yet to use the guitar case.

Recently I've been thinking about adding a 5.7 pistol to my collection. Not sure why other than the cool factor.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I'd love to have the pistol but can't justify the $1200.00 for a hand gun. Oddly enough that's less than this one cost me. I'd like to see that case. Sounds sweet.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I'd love to have the pistol but can't justify the $1200.00 for a hand gun. Oddly enough that's less than this one cost me. I'd like to see that case. Sounds sweet.

Here is the whole setup with the FBI case in the background.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 215

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Thats a beautiful icon. Like the M1 Garand, Browning BAR, Wild West Colts. There are some specific guns that are truely American. Sadly not blessed with winning the lottery, so I can dream about owning or shooting them.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I can dream about shooting them.

You can do more than dream.... All you need to do is get some 230 grain .45 ACP ball brass cased (new ammo) and arrange a time with me to "pop some caps". Most folks will allocate 150 rounds or so.

Most of the major brands cycle fine through it, but I don't allow steel cased or reloads to go through it.

Here is a link to a video to whet your appetite!

[video=youtube;1Qrbhg6ht6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qrbhg6ht6U[/video]

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm finally getting to start to make a viola case. No don't play, going to use it for a gun case. My plan is to go to see Sawman101 and stack cut some spruce to make my curved sections, then join them with some more spruce. For the top and bottom I have some things plywood. I hope to cover it all with some beautiful walnut viner I got off eBay.
attachment.php
These are my proto type pieces.
attachment.php
This is to be my overall shape. You know I never would have tried this if it wasn't for this group. Thanks

Yeah boy! Looks like we're gonna have some fun! For the guns I carry, I just want a comfortable, inside the waistband holster!

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
If you go to my FB page there is a vid of my 223 with a bumpfire. good times. Someday I'd like to try that Thompson.

Attachments

• XiaoYing_Video_1497109146180.mp4
    9.9 MB · Views: 121

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was lucky to have a friend with class III lic years ago and through him got to handle and fire some very nice exotics.

Great fun and way out of my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS