Stamping set holder

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Don’t remember how many times I have spilled these from their original holder and had to re-sort them. Maybe this will help. If it doesn’t then I’ll make something better.
IMG_5145.jpeg

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Is there a magnet inside the groove?
There was going to be a strip of magnetic tape at the bottom of the groove. I bought a roll and touched the end of a stamp to it but the hold was so negligible so I abandoned that idea.

There is enough friction that the assembly easily survives a tip over (which is an improvement over the original case) but I have not tried an inversion.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Here is an intentional tip over:
IMG_5151.jpeg

and a subsequent righting:
IMG_5152.jpeg

Probably good enough.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That may take a little more space but has certain other advantages.

I may build a couple for my sets. If I made it two stamps wide I could include the numbers also.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
That may take a little more space but has certain other advantages.

I may build a couple for my sets. If I made it two stamps wide I could include the numbers also.
This has all 36 including the numbers.

I just grabbed a scrap to make this. I’d advise making it deeper. Say, 1/2” of the stamp showing.

Last edited:

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Decided to redo it into a 4 x 9 rectangular array. .
IMG_5164.jpeg

The grooves in the row stock shown were ploughed using a 1/4” box joint cutter with a paper shim between the blades. Five row pieces were crosscut from the grooved stock, then glued and trimmed. Made from SYP scrap with a walnut base.
IMG_5165.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors