Spring Picnic - KMI Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankson

New User
Jeff
First of all, let me echo the words of other members....what a fabulous picnic!!! It was great to have the opportunity to put a face to a name and talk with members about their love of woodworking.

We reviewed the designs submitted (i.e. projects our kids could make) and awarded KMI t-shirts to the winners:

Ray Martin - Robin nesting shelf
Dave O'Nan - Wine glass caddy
Mike Shelley - Pot Luck carry tray

Thanks, to everyone for their ideas,

The KMI Volunteers

P.S. a big " THANK YOU " to Steve Coles for putting the picnic together

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff, I am working on my kid's Adirondack chair and when I get it finished you can have a copy of my pattern stock and I'll also bring a pattern for the wine glass caddy thingy.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang, I was lured into the parking lot flea market and missed the awards. :roll:

So I missed Ray's Robin nesting shelf :crybaby2:

So is there a pix posted of that one????? I saw DaveO's and Mike's entries (though I'm not sure Mike knew he had an entry until others suggested it) :lol:

Jeff it was great to see you and Jimmy again, and of course, meet the other guys. I know Linda enjoyed finally getting to chat with you too. Keep up the great work :icon_thum

Sapwood

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Roger,

I'll be happy to put one of these nesting shelves together and post a pic.

The idea is a VERY simple box / shelf that young folks can assemble. According to the experts, Robbins like the open shelf rather than the closed 'bird house'. Even the nail holes are pre-drilled. The suggested kit contains the wood cut to size, the nails, sandpaper, and the instructions.

Ray

frankson

New User
Jeff
Mark,

thanks for the Skil site info. We're planning to have a sitdown with the team from the local Children's museum and think some of the patterns and/or door hangers could be a simple project (we cut the wood and they have their artroom kids do the paint).

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS