spray booth materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
For those of you that have spray booths, I am forced into building a small booth and am looking for suppliers for the media and holding frames.
Thanks

gmakra

New User
George
Jack this is nationwide supplier I have used for years.
Now each store is different depending on the market.
United Refrigeration 220 Tryon Rd c, Raleigh, NC 27603 [FONT=arial, sans-serif]220 919 779 2911[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]But if you tell me what you are trying to achieve I will try to point you in the right direction.[/FONT]

Jeff

New User
Jeff
For those of you that have spray booths, I am forced into building a small booth and am looking for suppliers for the media and holding frames.
Thanks

Jack, you lost me entirely on this one. What is all of this stuff for a spray booth? Got a picture of what you're being "forced " to build?

Thanks.

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Jack,
I used to use one of those pop-up 10x10 tents and made sides out of a tarp and a box fan to move air out. I gave it away when I built my new shop, which has a space for assembly and finish. I must admit, I wish I still had it when doing multiple projects

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have one of the pop up spray shelters from Rockler $49. I put down plastic in my yard, close the mesh screen and spray. Caution if it is windy as the tent poles can pull out of the ground. Otherwise, it works great. I wear a respirator while,spraying and the advantage is that it keeps everything outside and no need for fans. I have used it to spray both paint and clear finishes with no problems. I sprayed our kitchen doors with awesome results.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I am building cabinetry for my Navy son. 24 of the buggers. I have to stain em and I use lacquer based stain. did first few in my attached shop was not nice in the house or shop.
I bought one of those portable garage shelters and emptied out my 16x20 shed and will turn it into a spray shop. Basically making a 2'x4' rolling downdraft spray table; I did find a supplier for media and I am going to try make this work.
I have an 8" HF exhaust setup with a 12' hose, touch over 800 cfm, making floor in it ,with the fan underneath it, an 20" hole in it, the fan will be under and away from the hole and 20x20x2.5 overspray filter between them, hopefully it will draw enough to pull the overspray outside where i will terminate the flex tube.
Any thoughts,opinions,suggestions gladly accepted

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am building cabinetry for my Navy son. 24 of the buggers. I have to stain em and I use lacquer based stain. did first few in my attached shop was not nice in the house or shop.
I bought one of those portable garage shelters and emptied out my 16x20 shed and will turn it into a spray shop. Basically making a 2'x4' rolling downdraft spray table; I did find a supplier for media and I am going to try make this work.
I have an 8" HF exhaust setup with a 12' hose, touch over 800 cfm, making floor in it ,with the fan underneath it, an 20" hole in it, the fan will be under and away from the hole and 20x20x2.5 overspray filter between them, hopefully it will draw enough to pull the overspray outside where i will terminate the flex tube.
Any thoughts,opinions,suggestions gladly accepted
Stupid comment for such a smart guy, but remember to make sure the exhaust path for the fumes has no chance of sparking or passing one of the motors... 'cause if it goes "BOOM" all I can think of is "Who Jack? Oh, yes (the whole neighborhood) calls him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxUfg3uCBbg

Skymaster

New User
Jack
roflmao Thanks Hank, Heat etc will be turned OFF before I start to spray, even tho ventilating when finished will open doors for a few minutes to clear it out. then close up and warm up. I also have one of those tents but it is not good for what I do, one pc and let dry is ok with tent, I have to lots of pcs, so I spray,move em to a drying rack and keep spraying. Sometimes for a couple hrs at a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS