Split: Northern Tools HVLP guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Re: Bedside table project - starting the finish!

After taking John's Finishing Class II, I stopped at Northern Tools in Hickory and plopped down $119 and change for the three gun set made by Vaper that he recommended -- it has all stainless steel cups and key nozzle parts and covers the orifices one needs for all types of HVLP spraying (1.0, 1.4 and 1.8 mm). Gravity feed cups in SS, too. No review yet -- still new in the box.

Rob

That sounds like an amazing deal. Better than the wagner or PC gun? I am right at that point of buying my first conversion gun.

woodguy1975

New User
John

That sounds like an amazing deal. Better than the wagner or PC gun? I am right at that point of buying my first conversion gun.

To me it's a better made gun for sure. I like the fact that the cup is stainless instead of plastic. It is just a binks copy. The set that Rob has is a terrific value.

DavidF

New User
David

That was still a very good price, but the last time I saw them I know they were on sale for at least $89.99. I was wondering if you picked them up. I love that little detail gun for dye.

Anybody got a part number for this set? I can't find a 3 gun set on the NT web site.

Monty

New User
Monty

This is what I got. I didn't need the other stuff in the kit. This is all their HVLP stuff.

woodguy1975

New User
John

Dave, go to your local Nothern Tools. The Vaper set I think is nicer.

John

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John

So the link I sent of the 3 guns is worth getting for $139??

The Vaper 3 peice set is cheaper and good quality. I have no experience with the Titan gun set. It would probably be fine, but I have the Vaper and know that it works well and that set is $119 instead of $139.

Good Luck,

John

DavidF

New User
David

The Vaper 3 peice set is cheaper and good quality. I have no experience with the Titan gun set. It would probably be fine, but I have the Vaper and know that it works well and that set is $119 instead of $139.

Good Luck,

John

On the keytone site they describe this kit as the Titan Vaper 4 piece set for $119.00 so perhaps Titan and vaper are the same thing? They also have a Titan set (no vaper) so who knows????

Automotive Paint Spray Guns Painting Supplies Airbrushes Body Shop Supplies

The part number 199220 is the same as the NT set

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Now that you've bought some of these spray guns, have you seen anything on the packaging or elsewhere regarding air requirements? I followed the links and read the specs, but apparently they don't consider air needs a spec. Any help?
Roy

chris99z71

New User
Chris
From what I can see Titan=Vaper (Titan = model, Vaper = brand).
Check here Titan 19200 HVLP 1.4 and 1.7 and 1.0 mini Spray Gun
Currently on sale with free shipping for $95
(but for some reason, comes to $105 when I put it in the cart????)​

There are some specs there:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• ALL Guns Features:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Aluminum paint cups[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Die cast Aluminum body with black Nickel finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 2-step trigger control[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Non-bleeder type, gravity feed external mix[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Stainless Steel nozzles[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Adjustable spray width, air inlet and fluid outlet[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Includes 3 Spray Guns:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.0mm nozzle set for lighter material and touch-up work[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.4mm nozzle set for lighter materials[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.7mm nozzle set for heavier materials[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PLUS - Locking pressure regulator with gauge[/FONT]
• 1000ml aluminum paint cups
• Spray pattern control knob on side of guns
• 1/4" air inlet
• 15 - 45 PSI operating pressure
• 7.0-8.0 CFM air consumption​

DavidF

New User
David
From what I can see Titan=Vaper (Titan = model, Vaper = brand).
Check here Titan 19200 HVLP 1.4 and 1.7 and 1.0 mini Spray Gun
Currently on sale with free shipping for $95
(but for some reason, comes to $105 when I put it in the cart????)​

There are some specs there:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• ALL Guns Features:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Aluminum paint cups[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Die cast Aluminum body with black Nickel finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 2-step trigger control[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Non-bleeder type, gravity feed external mix[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Stainless Steel nozzles[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Adjustable spray width, air inlet and fluid outlet[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Includes 3 Spray Guns:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.0mm nozzle set for lighter material and touch-up work[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.4mm nozzle set for lighter materials[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• 1.7mm nozzle set for heavier materials[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PLUS - Locking pressure regulator with gauge[/FONT]
• 1000ml aluminum paint cups
• Spray pattern control knob on side of guns
• 1/4" air inlet
• 15 - 45 PSI operating pressure

• 7.0-8.0 CFM air consumption​

That was the conclusion I came to as well. Seems like a good deal, thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS