Source for Small Pieces of Veneer

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Looking for 14” x 18” (ish) piece of veneer. Where’s the best place either on line or in the Piedmont Triad area (Greensboro, Winsto-Salem, High Poin). Highly figured, quilted or burled preferably. I looked at Herzog but they mostly had bigger stock. This is for a one-off type project so I don’t want a bunch of leftover since it’s probably going to be expensive.

Williemakeit:

You might look on Ebay. Get as much or as little as you need, and have it delivered to your door. Otherwise, commercial veneer houses, but for as small quantity as you mentioned, you may be a PITA customer and not get answers to your inquiries.

Good luck
Tone

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Call Sauers & Company Veneers and see if they have some offcuts you can buy/have.

address: 363 Dixon Street Lexington NC 27292
web: Exotic & Domestic Wood Veneer Products | Sauers & Company Veneers
email:
phone: (336) 956-1200
Thanks, I just got back from Klingspor’s (W-S) and it looks like that’s who they get their veneers from. I didn’t find anything there, but I found a piece that will work from the site @Woodmolds suggested. I will definitely check out Sauers next time so I can save on shipping.

John Britton

John
User
Looking for 14” x 18” (ish) piece of veneer. Where’s the best place either on line or in the Piedmont Triad area (Greensboro, Winsto-Salem, High Poin). Highly figured, quilted or burled preferably. I looked at Herzog but they mostly had bigger stock. This is for a one-off type project so I don’t want a bunch of leftover since it’s probably going to be expensive.
I have a good stock of Mahogany veneer. Most of it is crotch figure, aka flame figure. I can look through for 14" X 18", but that should be attainable. As with most Mahogany, it will not be flat. You will need to soak it then dry it between plattens for ~3 days.
Your challenge is; I live in Charlotte.
I am willing to donate 1-2 pieces if you can get here to help choose what you want.
John

John Britton

John
User
I have a good stock of Mahogany veneer. Most of it is crotch figure, aka flame figure. I can look through for 14" X 18", but that should be attainable. As with most Mahogany, it will not be flat. You will need to soak it then dry it between plattens for ~3 days.
Your challenge is; I live in Charlotte.
I am willing to donate 1-2 pieces if you can get here to help choose what you want.
John
I could shoot some pics of possible pieces for you. I could ups them if you pay only shipping. To protect the veneer I would need to pack them with Masonite covers. This will up the weight, but without then you would receive splinters.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS