Source for hardwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
I'm going to build a baby nursery set, and I'm looking at cherry or maple. Anyone know of a good source local to wake forest/raleigh? I'm willing to travel maybe an hour and half if I need to. The lumber at woodcraft and the nearby lumberyard is quite highly priced.

Thanks!
Yogi

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
saw4you jack Murdock is just this side of bunn on hwy 98. he is listed on our suppliers page if you can find it. :rolleyes: I can't seem to locate it but someone will be along shortly who can.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just got some really nice 8/4 Maple from Glenn at GPS Hardwoods - see ad at right. He is in Kernersville so not as close as Jack to you. Jack is usually a bit cheaper but Glenn's wood is usually nicer (skip planed and one 90 degree edge.) I haven't been to Jack's since he moved, so am not aware of his current quality. Glenn also had a good bit of Cherry available.

I've always felt that both offer good wood at a good price, but there are differences between them.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
At the top of the North Carolina Woodworker page, in the brown bar, click Articles. On THAT page, on the right hand side click Where in NC can I find. Sawyers and wood suppliers are listed.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Always had good dealings with The Hardwood Store of NC in Gibsonville.

George

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Hey Yogi, I got some nice rough cut cedar from Jack a couple years back. Very good prices. He had lots of other stuff, but I was on my lunch break and had to run back to work, so couldn't look around too much. He was pretty close to WF, unless he has moved. I was thinking he had a Rolesville address, but I do know he was right off of Hwy 98 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS