Sorry about changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have been trying to add a new type of menu on the left side of the screen. That's what you have been seeing. For some unknown reason I couldn't get the postioning correct, especially at the smaller screen sizes. So you have been seeing experiments trying to figure out why. I have discovered that there seems to be a more fundemental problem with the layout of the whole board at the smaller screen sizes. So now I am trying to isolate the issue. That entails removing and/or changing various pieces of the screens. So yesterday and today I have playing with it and your screens have been changing as I try different things.

I am sorry for the inconvience, but the only other way to get to the bottom of this, is to take the board down, and I am rying to avoid that.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Steve,

No reason to be sorry... This board is terrific. Your experiments just keep finding ways to make things better... and we do appreciate all this work you do.

Ray

R

rickc

Hey, if we didn't see unexplained changes, text moving from one place to another and the contents of menus changing without notice - well it wouldn't be a REAL website! :lol: You're doing a good job staying on top of this.

M

McRabbet

Even Insomniac can tolerate a little interruption once in a while.... I think a scrolling Site Navigation Menu will be an interesting addition if you can get it perfected.

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've got the menu. The problem is that I can't seem to reserve enough space on the smaller resolutions, even though I should be able to.:BangHead: :BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, personally I like it as it is set up right now. I find the floating menu to be in front of everywhere I want to click. This current configuration fits my small screen well (I thought it was a large monitor until you told me about yours)
And I don't like change 8-O
But thanks for your continued improvement to the site :eusa_clap

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I find the floating menu to be in front of everywhere I want to click.

That's what I'm talking about. It is not showing where I want it on scrrens your size. Plus, what I noticed on your screen is that you have to horiz scroll and that should not be happening. That's what I'm trying to find and fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS