Sometimes, I like Lowe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
Recently I rented a new shop space. With no fans or other ventilation in the space, I know it is going to be hot unless I found a large drum fan to move the air around. Looking on line I found a 48" fan at Lowe's, which would be large enough, but there wasn't a price listed. I called the 800 number on their web site and the nice lady I spoke with said it wasn't in any of my local stores and she could get the High Point store to order one. So before giving the go-ahead I asked the price. $157.00 she said. For that I just might two I replied.

The next day another nice lady, this time from the High Point store, called and said she had two on their way. To confirm the price I asked her how much and she said $299.00 each. Whoa! Why the difference. She had no idea but if I wanted the fan(s) they would be $299.00 each.

So I called the 800 number again to ask why there was such a difference and to confirm the price. In just a few minutes, the High Point store lady called back and sounded a bit flustered. I told her I only wanted one and she agreed to the $157.00 price.

I am supposed to pick it up Monday. We'll see what happens on Monday.

Glennbear

Glenn
I hope it works out for you, I do not know why they have these price differences. I had a similar experience when trying to buy a router bit from them. When I attempted to have it shipped to a store closer to home the price increased dramatically and I just drove the extra distance to a store that had the bit in stock. :wsmile:

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
Just a wild guess, you were probably quoted raw cost to the store instead of the retail selling price. Glad they lived up to the misquote!

DWSmith

New User
David
Just a wild guess, you were probably quoted raw cost to the store instead of the retail selling price. Glad they lived up to the misquote!

That is what I thought. I love it when I can hold their feet to the fire though especially with all the money I spend there.

DWSmith

New User
David
I never received a call from the store when they arrived. So I called today and sure enough, they were there but no one seemed to know anything. So I went by later this afternoon and the Manager on Duty said she remembered and sold me two. She didn't like it and the underlying mood was that i was lying. But I took the deal and will emjoy both in the new shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS