Some changes in DQ program

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Partially becuase of the Klingspor and partially becuase it will make this stuff easier for me to code and administer, I am going to change a few things about our DQ policy.

To even become DQ, the following must happen:
  1. You must be a member for 30 days.
  2. You must have 5 posts
  3. You must have supplied your Photo ID name
  4. You must have supplied your street address ( we already have your City, State, Zip Code and County)
  5. You must have met our visitation frequency policy (more on that later)
  6. You optionaly may have supplied an email address for discounter's to reach you.
  1. Items 1 & 2 have there from the beginning.
  2. Before, lack of item 3 stopped the discount card from displaying for print. But you were still allowed access to the DQ Confidential forum. No More.
  3. Item 4 is new.
  4. Item 6 is new but optional.
How do you enter your Photo ID Name, street address and optional email? Go to your User Control Panel(Where your user profile is) and click on the new menu entry "Sign Up For NC WW Discounts"

Now before addressing requirement 5, please read this from a post a while ago.

SteveColes said:
The Phrase we will now use is "Discount Qualified" (DQ) member. It simply means that you have been a member long enough and have visited regularly. The idea is to not allow a person who has no interest in this site, to join and to take advantage of these offers as they come up.

The current qualification is that you have been a member for 30 days and have made at least 5 posts.

Sometime in the near future, the qualification will be changed to 30 days as a member and have visited the site an average of once a week for up to the last 8 weeks (multiple visits in one day will count as only one visit that day)

I reserve the right to loosely interpret the spirit of the qualification. For instance, Michael Garner is currently serving his country in Iraq. He will be discount qualified as long as necessary.

Where will these offers,etc. be announced? Most will announced and discussed in the new "Discounts & Offers North Carolina Woodworker For DQ Members " This will NOT be a confidential forum. It is to North Carolina Woodworker for these discount and deals to be visible to both Guests and all members.

HOWEVER, there will be cases when such an offer MUST be held in confidence to those members who are DQ. The reasons for this will be varied, but it is the entity making the offer, that will decide if it must be held in confidence. In that case the offer will be made in the "Confidential Discounts & Offers for North Carolina Woodworker DQ Members" and the confidentiality requirements of that forum MUST be met. Violations can lead to loss of DQ privileges.

So as you can see, the visitation requirement was always intended, but I just never coded it in. Now I am in the process of coding it and it will be in place by early next week. I will provide more details on the exact alogrithim and what about new members and what old members, etc. as soon as I have worked out what I feel is a fair and equitable solution to some issue.

BTW, if it hasn't occured to you yet, almost no one on the site is currently DQ, becuase the street address field is only just now available to even be filled it:eusa_danc So when the new DQ promote/demote programs runs for the first time, most of you will loose your DQ status until you fill in the field and then get it back the night after you fill in the field.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have changed the Discount Qualified program logic to reflect all the changes except visitation frequency, to relect the info in the first post.

We just went from 400+ DQ members to only 37. All becuase they they hadn't filled in street address.:eusa_naug

Remember, to fill in the required info, go to your User Control Panel (User Settings) and click on "Signup for NC WW Discounts"

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have changed the Discount Qualified program logic to reflect all the changes except visitation frequency, to relect the info in the first post.

We just went from 400+ DQ members to only 37. All becuase they they hadn't filled in street address.:eusa_naug

Remember, to fill in the required info, go to your User Control Panel (User Settings) and click on "Signup for NC WW Discounts"

I think i did but if you could check i would appreciate it. I aint too gifted with this cyber crap!8-O

fred p

M

McRabbet

Fred -- come on, it's easy for you to check! Click on your name in the Online Users Block near the top of the Home page. This takes you to your Profile and if you have completed the requirements, you see Discount Qualified to the right side of the header. If not, click on the Site Navigation Menu -> User Settings -> Edit Your Profile. Then click on Signup for NC WW Discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS