SOLD FS: Buffalo Forge 15” Bench Top Drill Press SOLD

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
DRILL PRESS IS SOLD

I am offering a Buffalo Forge 15” bench top drill press for sale. This is a newly refurbished machine. It was completely disassembled, cleaned, painted and reassembled. Where necessary period correct parts were obtained and included. The press has a tilt table, table lock, quill lock and 5 speeds. The published speeds are 6300, 3400, 1725, 900 and 460 but I’m not sure if there were high and low versions of this machine.

I used a Sears motor I had – ½ HP, split phase, 1725 RPM. The motor was also completely disassembled, cleaned and painted. I added a Cutler Hammer overload switch to it.

Included is a new belt, new motor mount studs, 6A Jacobs taper mount chuck with a release nut and chuck key. The complete spindle assembly was replaced due to a previous owner threading the taper mount and essentially destroying the spindle. The spindle is now registering .001” run out on the spindle taper nose. The replacement spindle was the largest outlay in this refurb and that is reflected in the asking price.

I am asking $350 which should net me $0.50 an hour in labor :). Willing to listen to reasonable offers. Please feel free to request additional pictures or information.

Thanks for looking
Front.jpgLeft Side 1.jpgLLeft Side 2.jpgRight Side 1.jpgRight Side 2.jpgRick

Last edited:

Scott H

Scott
User
That is a gorgeous drill press. May I ask what the spindle travel is, and how much room there is between the chuck and the table when the table is low as possible? Is that a spindle lock knob on the front right above the chuck?

(Sorry, I tried looking up the manual for a Buffalo Forge No. 15 but I couldn't see these clearly listed.)

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Sorry I never mentioned this is a pre 1957 model - 1957 is when significant design changes were made. The spindle travel is 4" and there is 10" from the table to the chuck with the table completely lowered. The knob you asked about is a quill (spundle) lock.

Rick

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rick,
NICE job on the refurbish!

BTW, wouldn't you just love to travel back in time to beat the guys who drilled the smiley faces into the tables of EVERY drill press known to man?!! (#angry curmudgeon)

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Hey John I am in Winston Salem but Ashville is just a hop , skip and jump away. Sent you a PM

Rick

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors