solar kiln about finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I've been busy and out of town lately and got back on finishing my kiln. Did the electric yesterday, going to put in fans today and DH unit. Got a few more small things to do that will take time to find this and that, but it should be ready to operate today.

I'm slow on computer and going to try to post a outside doors.jpg
picture of it. Now have walnut, cherry, oak and ash slabs in to start.

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
not sure how to move the picture around on thread but it worked. Also got some maple slabs to go in also. Ricky

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
look around at other kilns and just did this one out of my head, maybe wrong but we'll see. I did the front two feet of roof down like it shows just in case I moved it later or sold it to be able to haul down road.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Ricky,

Been wondering what happened to you. Welcome back. I'm just up the road in Rougemont and I know another member in Durham who also wanted to get up with you (I'll PM him).

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I've been busy and out of town lately and got back on finishing my kiln. Did the electric yesterday, going to put in fans today and DH unit. Got a few more small things to do that will take time to find this and that, but it should be ready to operate today.

I'm slow on computer and going to try to post a View attachment 16684
picture of it. Now have walnut, cherry, oak and ash slabs in to start.
I'm slightly confused <--- not hard for me. But you say solar, then you say DH, I understand the fans part. So is your kiln a hybrid dehumidification / solar kiln? Who's dehumidification unit are you using Nyle? Just curious - thx

Never do anything during the day that will keep you awake at night

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I plan on running fans during the day and the DH at night. I understand that this way it dries the lumber faster. But this is new to me so we will see.
Jeff you ask about pictures so I took one of my mill also under the shed I keep it in. I have cedar logs waiting to be cut Monday on the deck in front of it. That's what I cut 90% of the time.
Well I tried with no luck on picture, some reason I can't get it to work. I'll try later.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The kiln looks great! Always wanted to build one but seemto find plenty of llumber. Hope its a great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS