So, I heard a strange noise in the shop tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I really like the "mushroom' locking switch design like the MiniMax. My Shop Fox jointer has that, too. I know Powermatic jointers also use a switch like that. Anyone know where I can find one of these? I'm sure they're not cheap. I could just wire a toggle switch to kill the power. I have to admit I'm not sure what an A/B switch is, but hey - if it works...... :icon_thum For now, unplugging is free. :wink:

You can pick one up at your local electric supply
Most industrel machines have them, very common item

woodguy1975

New User
John
I really like the "mushroom' locking switch design like the MiniMax. My Shop Fox jointer has that, too. I know Powermatic jointers also use a switch like that. Anyone know where I can find one of these? I'm sure they're not cheap. I could just wire a toggle switch to kill the power. I have to admit I'm not sure what an A/B switch is, but hey - if it works...... :icon_thum For now, unplugging is free. ;)

Most of those E-stop style starters are a little pricy. A/B - allen bradley. The starter I have from my jointer is old school. Heavy duty with heaters and all. They were built much different in those days. :) It really isn't right for you though. Call Wilke Machinery and see if you can't get an E-stop style switch like what comes on my Yorkie planer for a good price. If you find one for under $100 I'd get it. :)

John

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
The A/B switch or starter they are talking about is a Allen Bradley starters and push buttons. That is all I use I will remove the original plastic switches and contactors and replace with the A/B equipment they cost more but are worth it. I have spent the early part of my electrical career working in paper mill and the only relays, push buttons and starters where A/B. We would rewire every machine that did not come with that control system. I also use the push / pull E STOP switches on all my equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS