Snowmen (pix added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
As I stated in this thread
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f19/looking-snowman-pattern-26967/

my daughter wanted a snowman ornament that she can put pictures of the twins and her son in. I tried to make a pattern but decided to ask the pro scrollers if they had one that I could use - didn't get one - so I decided to go ahead with my original thought and cut these out on the Dewalt that I picked up last night - man that thing is sweeeeeet:eusa_danc

I stack cut the outside of the Snowman and the backer -#ed them to keep them together and then cut the inside cuts of the snowman = She is going to paint them and I wanted the black backer to show up for his two eyes and nose made out of coal

Edited: I thought I added the pix :slap: - Here it is my brudda

four_snowmen.jpg

View image in gallery

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Very Nice Looking SnowMen~!

Dang you are a quick worker with that new Dewalt.

So how do you like it, compared to what you had before?

I so want a Scroll saw!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Very Nice Looking SnowMen~!

Dang you are a quick worker with that new Dewalt.

So how do you like it, compared to what you had before?

I so want a Scroll saw!

Matthew - the Dewalt is a very sweet running machine- hardly no vibration - there is some when you speed it up to 7 out of 8 on the speed - cuts great - I am going to start throwing some hardwoods to it soon and then I will see how she burrs then - Don't get me wrong the Dremel has done me well for the past five years and it ran great - but it has alot I mean alot of hours on it and she was getting tired - I am going to do some repairing to her and then maybe give it to my oldest daughter - she has shown some interest in it - but I don't know where she will find the time with the 3 year old son and the one year old twin daughters - I will help her all I can:icon_thum Anyway- I am sold on the Dewalt - At the price range that it is in I believe it is right up at the top

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Those are rather nifty Phillip!! Did you come up with the pattern?

Thanks Phillip, I did come up with the pattern - Just drew it on one of my drawing programs - I free handed the eyes, nose and mouth on all of them so that they would have a little different look - We are going to paint them and maybe put a scarf around their necks

PChristy

New User
Phillip
very cute! How'd you control the piece so close to the saw? (w/o cutting a finger off)

Brian I guess the picture is giving a disillusion - they are about 8" tall and about 4" wide -I made them this size so that our daughter can get her children's picture into it - my fingers where not that close to the saw blade - Tho I have done some patterns where the wood was getting pretty flimsy and I had to slow the speed down and but my finger right beside of the blade to finish cutting the piece:swoon: so that it wouldn't brake - That is with my old saw - it does not have a zero clearance and I usually forget about that until I come across a place in the cutting that is sort of a weak spot - with the new Dewalt that I got it has a zero clearance table:eusa_danc and hopefully I want have to deal with that close thingy again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS