"Snookered" theme...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I figure it would be best to leave the moderating to the moderators - I'm not very good at knowing where to "draw the line" sometimes. I personally think the "snookered" theme is pretty close to the line. I've seen heated debates get started like this over on Woodnet, and I really don't want to see it get started over here. But maybe I'm over-reacting.

Take a look at these two threads:

Snookered....

DIY GUY Snookered

I'll just throw this out there and see what ya'll think....

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
closing 'snookered' was probably a good idea... and submitting that you understood his frustration probably also good. then to have it rewoken by the 'DIY GUY Snookered' thread???? freekin' priceless!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Monty,
I was suprised that you so quickly shut that thread down, but thought it was without question the correct thing to do. That thread is tough b/c he had every right to vent here, but opening it up to others was leading to nothing good. I'm more shocked that the thread was restarted and agree that we should keep a very close eye on it. I am one to vote for not overly managing the posts on the board. So far, the posts have been mild/tame and I am betting that it dies pretty quickly. I like the idea of keeping it open ONLY to reduce the general membership feeling like they are being overly policed...however...I wouldn't hesitate to shut it down the second someone gets ugly.

...jmho..of course :)

Chris

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't like the idea of someone calling out another member, but on the other hand I don't like one member "snookering " another.
The cautions/advice offered in the second thread are of value, and I wouldn't want to close the thread for that reason, but I don't really care for the title, but I don't know what to change it to either.
SO until someone comes up with a better idea, I am gonna put that thread in Moderation. We can put it back up later or not.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Well, it seems to me that most of the time there's more to the story. I know I'm not good at moderating because I tend to let things play out and not intervene. But threads like this can lead to one-sided stories (my word vs. his word), harsh words, and hard feelings. I don't know if it was right to shut that first thread down, but I felt like it would turn into a b*tch session at best. Maybe I was wrong about that... I suppose we might have gotten some good constructive dialog.

DIY Guy has a right to vent I suppose - that's why I left the post there but just closed the thread. The response that was in the second thread is exactly what I was afraid would happen. It was an obvious attempt to circumvent the thread closing, so I would think it's appropriate to pull it for now... but again I think the call of the moderators should stand here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS