Smilies in Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Other forums I've seen running vBulletin are able to put a small selection of Smilies in the "Quick Reply". Is that a configuration option? If so, could NCWW turn it on by chance?

Personally, I use the Quick Reply 90% of the time and without the choice of a smiley I end up resorting to none at all or just a "haha" which just isn't as much fun! :help:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:rolf::gar-La;:cool::thumbs_up:icon_thum:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Agreed, 100%, absolutely, unquestionably, without exception!!

:wsmile::gar-Bi:rotflm::eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_cheers:tongue2::dontknow::help::help::help::help::wink_smil

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I agree, Jeremy. To get around this I usually just scroll up a bit (there's never a thread without someone using an emoticon :rolf: ) and copy a smilie and paste it into the quick reply.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
If, when using quick reply, you click on the "Go Advanced" box beside the "Post Quick Reply" box it will bring up all the emoticons. Obviously, you do this before clicking on post quick reply. :thumbs_up I just used it with the thumbs up emoticon.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Why 2 clicks when 1 would do??
:dontknow:

Yeah, that's why I posted this. To the recommendations above, I know how Advanced works, but that's just another page like the "Quote" reply. The "Quick Reply" is meant to let you reply in-thread without leaving it. I too have used the smiley "codes", but they aren't super user friendly and I can only remember about two of them off my head usually.

Just a recommendation if it's a simple configuration option. :cool:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Used to something, but it ended up conflicting with another necessary mod. It is not option in vbulletin. But by know there might a version that would work. toolman Bas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS