small yard sale gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Wasn't able to get to the Liberty Antiques festival, but I did pass a yard sale on Saturday on my way to Hillsborough. Not a whole lot of great stuff, but I did find some useful items - a brass screwdriver with a mini screwdriver in the back, a North bros (post-Stanley) Yankee screwdriver in excellent working order, a vintage wood-handled Stanley surform #296, an Eclipse sharpening jig and a gouge hone (I think), plus nearly full containers of paste wax, BLO, and denatured alcohol. Plus a toolbox to carry them home. All for the whopping total of $15. I'm sure I could've gone lower, but the old lady was so nice I just paid what she asked.

848778023_AzGz4-M.jpg

I'm really digging that surform. Never used one before, really hogs off some wood, and leaves a better surface than I thought it would. Nifty.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Hey Tim, congrats on some great finds. I've collected a few Yankee's over the years and that one looks like it's in great shape. :thumbs_up

Bill Clemmons

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tim,

Congrats on some very nice snags. That reminds me, I need to get out and buy a new can of past wax... as good for finishing the top of my saw as it is for finishing some projects.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Tim,

Congrats on some very nice snags. That reminds me, I need to get out and buy a new can of past wax... as good for finishing the top of my saw as it is for finishing some projects.

I've barely dented my previous can, mostly use it to finish my saw and jointer anyway, so I'll sell you this one for what I paid for it - today only, 50 cents, minus the NCWW Moderator discount of 50 cents. Act now and I'll throw in a copy of my new book, "Shine On: the Johnson Paste Wax Story." PM me if you're anywhere around RTP during the week and I'll toss it in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS