Slabs and Beams and More Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
A few weeks ago we (the misses) decided to revamp the living room. One of the decor changes was to use a solid beam for the mantle. We, the misses, wanted a cherry beam and stumbled onto Reclaimed lumber and beams in Lenior. After a few conversations and emails with Ronny Munday and Dale Ballew we, do you really have to ask, decided to go and made the trip up there today. Even got snowed on. He is located on hwy 18 In Lenoir about a mile west of the 321 intersection. Here is their website.

http://www.reclaimedlumberandbeams.com

Dale promised us that Kathy would find what she wanted and we were not disappointed. Just look at some of the goodies he had standing around. You folks in the Lenoir area have been holding out on us. There are more pics in my gallery.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=2658

Reclaimed_Lumber_007e.jpg

View image in gallery

Dale greeted us And showed us to a piece cherry measuring 11 feet, 14 to 16 in wide and at 18/4 to 19/4 I am calling it a beam. After getting it outside the misses fell in love. Who am I to argue?

Ended up taking the entire piece. I did not really want to cut it there, but i was not going to haul an 11 ft length home, besides it was going to be cut to about a 5 1/2ft any way. here is one of the 2 pieces, 16 in wide at the knot.

Last edited:

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
WOW - good score! Looks like another of those places to go and droooooooolllllll.

Duane

red f

New User
Blaine
I drive by there everyday and have never stopped. I'll have to stop in and check it out. I might just have to take my students there for a field trip. A couple of them are interested in live edge slabs.

AJV

New User
A.J.
Bryan,

Thanks for the post. I have been looking for a good place to get reclaimed wood and this place looks outstanding. I'll be heading up there in April or May.

Thanks again,
A.J.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
You got a nice chunk of wood there. Their place looks pretty cool from the web site. I'll have to stop in someday and look around.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS