Single Bevel Sawhorse Question

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I have built sawhorses where I cut two by fours with a 15 degree compound bevel to make four legs such that they are splayed out in two directions. I went to build a set the other day and found I'm having a lasting Senior Moment. I know the legs on the near side right and the far side left (the finished horse in front of you and oriented with the top perpendicular to your line of sight) are cut differently than are the legs on the far side right and the near side left.

I set the miter saw to 15 and the bevel to 15 and cut two leg sections out of one 2 by - first (trim) cutting the end, they cutting the 2 by in 'half' to create the first leg, then cutting the end of the remainder of the 2 by so as to match the length of the first leg. I've got two identical legs that work as a set of legs mounted 'cattycorner.'

I am stuck on what I need do in order to cut the 'other' set of legs. Do I change the miter to the left 15 degree setting and leave the bevel? Or change the bevel? or what?

The sawhorses I built are 'buried" under stored lumber making it difficult to examine them.

I was hoping to find a You Tube or a plan online but there are so many designs (folding types are big). Basically, I form a 'I-beam' with a 2x6, a 2x4 cent and another 2x4 bottom beveled on each side at 15 degrees and mount the legs to either end.

Anyone?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
You can reverse either one, but not both. Probably easiest to reverse the miter, especially if you have a single bevel miter saw.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS