Since when

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Do we have to post a minimum amount of words? Tried to reply to someone who responded to a post of mine and I kept getting a message saying I hadn't posted enough words. Say it ain't so.

mike

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Michael, as you can see from my prior post it accepted a single word. I was not busting your chops. What did you attempt to say when you got the message?

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Mike,

The site does have a minimum length of at least one word, but that word must be seen as coming from you. What this means is that if you embed your reply within someone else's quoted text you can submit what looks like an empty reply... the same goes if you post a message with no text and only a photo. This has been the case since at least when I first joined back in 2009, if not much earlier in the site's history, so it is nothing new.

As long as you have at least a single word of text that appears to be coming from you in your post then you will not see this message.

When a member sees this message it is almost exclusively because they accidentally submitted an empty response (which is why the one word limit exists, as it does happen), submitted a post with a photo and no text, or they placed their reply within another member's quoted text when replying (which is very confusing for the next reader since your reply would look as if it were the original member's quoted text rather than your own).

HTH

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Reminds me of Amazon reviews. There you have to have a minimum word count. I guess they don't believe someone can say what they mean to say in only a few words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS