• No, not worth the hassle of using it

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm not sure if the shoutbox was up long enough for people to get an opinion. I took it down last night after realizing that growing size problem seemed to only happen in firefox. When I switched to using Firefox for a while last night, it was obvious that the problem was probably even worse than had been reported.

It was my intention to start looking at a fix in the next few days, But before I do I'd like to get a feeling as to whether or not there are enough people who like the idea that I should look at trying to fix it. So please respond to this poll

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I liked it, but wouldn't give it priority over other things. Useful to ask someone into a chat, or a quick question.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
clowman said:
I liked it, but wouldn't give it priority over other things. Useful to ask someone into a chat, or a quick question.

We'll the way you see it used was exactly what I had in mind. Though I would add a way to give insom a ration of crap:rolf:

Giving it priority over other things raises the question, " what other things? Right now there are very additions that I need to make. I've been focusing on bugs and ease of use items and there are not may of these left

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, I am the guy that just voted "yes" in the poll, but I would have voted "yes, but not a priority" had that choice been available. I didn't take the second choice listed to be a complete "yes" vote.

Funny on the timing of how the Shout box showed up. I have been trying to step into the chat room occasionally just to see what is going on. I find the chat room to be one of the many great features about this site. Now, on the timing part, the night prior to the Shout Box debut mshel and I must have exchanged about 8-10 PMs on a couple of topics that would have been a lot easier and faster to accomplish had the Shout Box been available.

When I talked with you last night in Chat and you said you were taking the Shout Box down I was still shouting at mshel and was able to use the Shout Box to invite him into the Chat Room before we lost the ability to shout. So personally, I think the Shout Box gives us an added capability to exchange short bits of info (near real-time) without having to open the chat room or shoot off a PM in hopes that the other person will see it in a timely manner.

I think it is a great addition and wouldn't mind seeing it again. But by no means do I want you to toss it on your plate to debug until your ready to do so.

Just my $0.02

D L

cskipper

Cathy
I liked it for the quick - hey I got the package or meet me in the chat room kind of "conversation". It was difficult to read because of the cramped space and the quickness of replies. If you weren't actually watching it you could easily miss a shout out for you, or others to them. I'll often have the site open in one window but be on my e-mail or other sites on another and just flip back and forth. My $.02 worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS