Should I get the SD206 or SD208

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Amazon has 25% off right now. Should I get the SD206 or the SD208? The SD208 is about 10 bucks more.

I have a delta contractors saw.

The discount is shown once you proceed to checkout.

Thanks,
Bill

DaveO

New User
DaveO
A 6" dado stack should do about all you need, and won't be so taxing on a lower powered contractor saw. That said I run an 8" on my 2 HP Griz contractors saw without any problems.
It all comes down to what you can afford. Both will fill the bill, but an 8" has more capacity.
Dave:)

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Thanks Dave. I was worried the 8" might be more of a strain on the arbor and bearings than the 6". Like you said, I will probably never need the 8. Heck, I may never need the 6 lol, but I have been thinking about getting a dado set and this is a decent deal. :gar-La; I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 6.

Thanks again.

T

toolferone

I always suggest a 6" dado on the contractor saws for all the reasons Dave said.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thanks Dave. I was worried the 8" might be more of a strain on the arbor and bearings than the 6".

Thanks again.
First, most contractor's saws use the same bearings as a Uni-Saw (6203-2RS.) An 8" will have better resell value. It is very unlikely that you will ever cut a dado more than 3/4" deep (half laps on 2 X 4 stock.) I have the SD 208, 8" Forrest Dado King, and 8" adjustable dado by Freud, all of which I use on my contractor's saw.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
For 10 bucks difference, I'd get the 8". In fact, I may do just that. Thanks for the "heads up."
:wsmile:

jimwill48

James
Also, the 8" is usually available at the local Borg's - no shipping and instant gratification!!

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors