SHould have been closed or deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I saw it and almost did but it seemed like everyone was playing nice. Next time I will go with my first instinct

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sorry Steve, I really don't think so. This is a woodworking forum, and we drive trucks or other less manly vehicles and we all are affected by the rising gas cost. This is a topic that hits everyone hard across the board. Will a discussion on a Woodworking forum fix the problem, doubtful. Will it provided a place for Woodworkers to discuss some of the problem they are facing, Yes. I feel that the discussion was kept quite civil and as long as it is civil and along the relevance to woodworkers or plain ol' friends I think it is a worthy thread. But one worth watching as it could turn bad.

MTCW,
Sorry for being so opinionated, but the sucks thing got me started tonight,

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Sorry Steve, I really don't think so. This is a woodworking forum, and we drive trucks or other less manly vehicles and we all are affected by the rising gas cost. This is a topic that hits everyone hard across the board. Will a discussion on a Woodworking forum fix the problem, doubtful. Will it provided a place for Woodworkers to discuss some of the problem they are facing, Yes. I feel that the discussion was kept quite civil and as long as it is civil and along the relevance to woodworkers or plain ol' friends I think it is a worthy thread. But one worth watching as it could turn bad.

MTCW,
Sorry for being so opinionated, but the sucks thing got me started tonight,

Dave:)
Opinionated works for me:rotflm: And the sucks thing was my fault:swoon: and I corrected it as soon as you brought it to my attention.:widea:

But let me try to make my point again, IMNSHO, the discussion is ultimately, a political one, and therefore banned. That is why I closed it. I agree that everyone was reasonably well behaved, but like all political topics, sooner or later, it will go bad, that's why I believe we should act quickly, prevention. Once a thread goes bad, it is very difficult to undo the harm.

I probably shouldn't have started this thread in the way I did. It was uncalled for. Sorry.

I will be happy to re-open that thread if you all think I should.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I agree that the thread was generally civil. However, it was also political.
Blame for the reasons of gas cost increases will end up political.
Suggested solutions for the problem will end up political.

Thanks for closing the thread, Steve.

Roger

M

McRabbet

I think you did the right thing by closing it because, as you said, it was political and was developing some polarization among those that posted to it. I guess I should have jumped on it way early (I read it within a few hours of it starting), but I let the civil tone sway me to be more conservative.

As for your comment:
I probably shouldn't have started this thread in the way I did. It was uncalled for. Sorry.
your new avatar suggests you've been suffering from excessive flattulence, :new_blowi so maybe it was that that made you a little terse? :gar-La; (Didn't bother me -- you did right!)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'm gonna have to agree with the closing. I know this affects all of us... I've been thinking of turning in the car and getting a truck so I can haul some wood, etc for my hobby and for my Saturday (Habitat) work.

Maybe I'm too myopic... I think our postings and discussions should be closer to woodworking.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS