Shopify

WildDaisies

WildDaisies
User
Does anyone do Shopify? Are there upsides or downsides?

How does it really work? It seems like you can grow your business with them but I'm not sure how it works. From what I've read it can get expensive really fast.

Any feedback on people who have been down this route is appreciated.

Echd

C
User
They're essentially just a service that allows you to easily build a storefront from what I know. The rates for their basic tier seem reasonable.

That said if you don't have a ton of stock on hand or mainly do custom pieces, maybe an etsy shop or just advertising on Facebook or Craigslist would be better.

WildDaisies

WildDaisies
User
They're essentially just a service that allows you to easily build a storefront from what I know. The rates for their basic tier seem reasonable.

That said if you don't have a ton of stock on hand or mainly do custom pieces, maybe an etsy shop or just advertising on Facebook or Craigslist would be better.
Thanks for the feedback. I have 3 Etsy stores 2 of which are handmade items that take time. The newest store has the most margin opportunity but is oversaturated on Etsy so I've been looking at other selling options.

One thing Shopify does is centralize orders from all sites. I do like that as I've always worried that selling on too many platforms would be a logistics headache.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who uses it. I've done the research and mostly see it's the best for a quick upstart, can get expensive, not easy to customize your store, etc.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS