Shop Heat? wood/coal

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Everyone, I am in need of a wood fired shop heater. I have a small, old worn out, grates bad, fire brick all busted ( get the picture) wood stove in the shop right now and it just will not hold enough fire. I am spending more time keeping the fire fed than getting anything done just to keep it warm enough to do anything and it will not hold fire overnight. What ever I get has to have a 6" flue exhaust. I really do not care what it might look like if it works. I can not afford something new to fit my needs and would love to barter for something. Any ideas except building my own would be greatly appreciated. This is one that "size really does matter". I need something big enough to throw the wood to and get some heat out of. Thanks A Million in advance. Steve ( a cold woodrat ) :help::help::help: :swoon: P.S. An oil furnace could also work if it were complete. I would have to get a tank and make a place for it.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Stevie, I would think that you'd have access to pretty cheap coal in your area. And, it's more efficient, right? :icon_scra

Course and oil furnace needs no tending!

Good luck with whatever you do.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Thanks for the link on craigslist. The stoves that are on there right now are somewhat small for my needs. I should let everyone know I have a partially insulated 24' x 40' metal building. I am trying to get the rest insulated and eventually a couple of partitions but that is taking time. With my back trouble and as cold as it has been with the projects that I need to do. I would like to find something that I could really blast some heat in there in a hurry so I could make it comfortable enough to work in there. Thanks. Steve

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
You might want to consider one of the "Reddy" heaters from the BORG's as a temporary solution. They're on sale now for 50-75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors