Shop Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
This is the kind of thing that happens when my wife comes in the shop :) Our 9 year old yellow lab, Lucy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lucy2.jpg
    Lucy2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Lucy1.jpg
    Lucy1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 371

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cute fellow there, but dose he tote and fetch for you?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good stuff Jeremy! I've had two legged visitors in my shop that didn't think they needed to wear any safety equipment. Basic rule is if certain machines are running then the gear is on or the equipment goes off. Planer/sander/etc I will begrudgingly admit the worst for breaking my rule is me.... usually when I am ALMOST done or just a little OOPS.... more :(

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
attachment.php

Moose is a Labrador Retriever that turned one-year-old two weeks ago. He is way too inquisitive and mischievous to let him in the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Moose.jpg
    Moose.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 236

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Moose is a Labrador Retriever that turned one-year-old two weeks ago. He is way too inquisitive and mischievous to let him in the shop.

Pete, give him a weekly visit to your shop when nothing is running and you don't have anything being finished. He will settle down after a couple of visits and everything is familiar to him - it just takes time with the young ones!

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Moose is still at that phase where he thinks that wood scraps are toys to be chewed on. He passes through the shop, which is in my garage, but I think that it will be a while before he is not so distracted that he will just relax in the shop.

Pete

Pete, give him a weekly visit to your shop when nothing is running and you don't have anything being finished. He will settle down after a couple of visits and everything is familiar to him - it just takes time with the young ones!

Rick M

New User
Rick
My dog doesn't like the shop, too dusty and noisy I guess. She'll lay outside the door for hours though.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
My 2 shop dogs prefer to lay outside the door also, but if the weathers adverse, they'll come in and lay right where I need to be. The little one will hunt for things to chew, so if a pencil ends up on the floor, it's a goner. Similarly a pair of glue spreaders I had just bought, somehow ended up within her reach, one got mauled while I never did find the other one. The best shop dog wasn't mine, but my neighbors, a Jack Russel terrier he had banned to living in a doghouse instead of his house. She'd come over on those cold Winter days and lay near the woodstove the whole day. My shop would never be complete without at least one special shop buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS