Shop Crawl: Durham, Orange, Alamance (DOA).....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok gang, the Charlotte folks are showing us up here! :gar-Cr

We need more DOA Shops!!!

If you live in the DOA area, now's your chance to be a part of North Carolina Woodworker History.

If you have some questions, just ask away, we are more than happy to fill in how a Crawl works.

Follow this link :

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Re: Durham, Orange, Alamance (DOA) Crawl.....

Ok gang, the Charlotte folks are showing us up here! :gar-Cr

We need more DOA Shops!!!

If you live in the DOA area, now's your chance to be a part of North Carolina Woodworker History.

If you have some questions, just ask away, we are more than happy to fill in how a Crawl works.

Follow this link :

Thanks,
Jim

Hopefully, that "DOA" designation doesn't mean "dead on arrival". :rotflm:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

I could be mistaken....

Ok, thats a stretch. I'm 87.34% mistaken 93.4% of the time I open my mouth, but I believe our own Steve W from Mebane coined the phrase DOA....

The only thing Dead On Arrival in most of our shops are trees :qright5:

Jim

M

McRabbet

It baffled me, too -- so I added to the Lexicon!

Bryan S

Bryan

Two things that can keep me from committing are dates (I work every other weekend) and this kitchen remodel. We have been derailed. Our designer designed for a double sink but installed a 30 in cabinet. :kamahlitu

Now how do you put a 32 inch sink in a 30 in cabinet? :dontknow: :nah:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Bryan, I'm glad you are interested! Please go ahead and fill out the form.

Once we have enough folks signed up, we'll work out dates that work for the Shop Hosts.

I bet you could also get some of us to fix your kitchen while we are there :)

Jim

Steve W

New User
Steve

My ears are burning!

I haven't checked in for quite a while but will add my shop to the fray - even though I've done very little lately. It's a battle of hobbies plus the usual "summer business" that's got me. Perhaps a shop crawl will get me off my keister and back into making something!:gar-La;

Keep us posted, Jim!

:kermit:

Jerome B

New User
Jerome

After a week and a quarter and three to go of summer school here at MESDA I am DOA. I didn't know that it was possible for me to be furnitured out, but I think that I have arrived there. It is cool to have permission to pull all of the drawers out of bureau in a museum though.

I don't think that I can commit to a date right yet.

Oh, well back to homework. I haven't had that since 1990. EEK!

Jerome

dpsnyder

New User
Dan

I'm not well organized in my shop, but can open it up. I am traveling off and on, so it will depend on the dates - Early Sept is better for me.

Yes, Jim, I'll fill out the form :rolleyes:
Dan

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Thanks for signing up Steve and Dan!

So far, its mostly Hillborough and one Mebane.

I'd love to hear from some Durham and Chapel Hill folks too.

Time frame is looking like end of August/early Sept.

Jim

James Davis

New User
James Davis

Hey Jim,

It is probably too far, but if it is not, I "may" be able to get my shop cleaned up by then. But like I said it is a ways up here to Roxboro. Let me know.

James

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

James, please do!

The SCC (Shop Crawl Committee) is new, so we are breaking a lot of eggs getting this started.

If you are interested in opening you shop on a Crawl, please fill out the form. Later on we will sort out routes, distances, dates and the like.

At this time, we are lookng mainly in the Charlotte and DOA areas, but if you want to fill out the form, please do. It gives us more options and helps plan for future crawls.

Jim

James Davis

New User
James Davis

That's my point. If it doesn't fit with the DOA then it will never fit. I was thinking (and thar a;ways ends in disaster) that maybe between Hillsborough and Mebane scoot up through the country then down 49 back to Alamance county.
Thoughts? Maybe even shoot for lunchtime and have a BBQ lunch in the yard if there is sufficient interest.
James

Bryan S

Bryan

Bryan, I'm glad you are interested! Please go ahead and fill out the form.

Once we have enough folks signed up, we'll work out dates that work for the Shop Hosts.

I bet you could also get some of us to fix your kitchen while we are there :)

Jim

I just might. Maybe we can have a demo too. You guys installing cabinets in the shop :rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn

Two things that can keep me from committing are dates (I work every other weekend) and this kitchen remodel. We have been derailed. Our designer designed for a double sink but installed a 30 in cabinet. :kamahlitu

Now how do you put a 32 inch sink in a 30 in cabinet? :dontknow: :nah:
Hydraulic counter stretcher ? :rotflm:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok you Chapel Hillians and Alamancers, you gonna let the Great Town of Hillsborough show you up?

So far, Hillsborough is leading by a wide margin.

Jim

DavidF

New User
David
Happy to open the shop. Working on the dining table at the moment so stuff on the go. Small shop, but should suffice. 10 miles N of Pittsboro up the 87, so Chapel hill is an easy run across CHicken Bridge/Jones ferry.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
To add to the confusion, I set up a new form that asks specifics on dates and times.

You can fill it out here: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=5

If you are in the Durham, Orange or Alamance areas and want to share your shop, let me know!

We strive to get at least 6 shops on the agenda.

So far the response has been fantastic and it looks to be a fun filled day!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS