Shipping furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I recently completed a Chippendale cradle and I now need to ship it from Asheville, NC to Connecticut. I'm at a loss on who or what company would do this. Any suggestions?

There's a couple of pictures in my gallery.

Thanks,
Dan C.

T

toolferone

UPS has a freight division. I would build a padded crate for it, where it can't move at all and I would make the crate enclosed with ply sides.

Touchwood

New User
Don
I've used Navis to ship two of my rockers..one to Tacoma WA, the other to Flint MI.

They build a crate that would support an elephant, and use conformal foam for padding..nothing moves inside.:icon_thum

The biggest risk is having someone drive the forklift prongs through the side. :no:

There are some pictures of the crating job they did on the one to Washington state in my Gallery.

Navis is pricey but has a 99.5% accident free record. They have offices all over the copuntry..the one in Raleigh is on Yonkers Rd just right of the beltline exit

Don

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Don,

Thanks for the lead. I contacted Navis and they gave a me a quote of ~$725.00 to pack and ship the cradle. This is way out of my price range. I'll need to find another option to get the cradle to Connecticut.

Anyway, thanks again for the lead.

Dan C.

Rocker

New User
John
Dan,
Make a plywood crate for it and then take it to Yellow Freight and get a quote from them. I shipped a rocking chair to CA from here for $275 using them.
Regards,
Rocker

Touchwood

New User
Don
Don,

Thanks for the lead. I contacted Navis and they gave a me a quote of ~$725.00 to pack and ship the cradle. This is way out of my price range. I'll need to find another option to get the cradle to Connecticut.

Anyway, thanks again for the lead.

Dan C.

Wow that really is high.:no:

They charged $650 to crate the rocker and ship it all the way to Tacoma. The customer paid $4000 for the rocker and assumed the shipping charge.

Most of their cost is in the crating...they ship $100K crystal chandeliers around the country. You can get some pretty good ideas on how to crate safely by looking at my photos. I'll bet the material cost is under $100 and Fedex ground will take a crate I'm told.

Don

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Don,

I can crate the cradle and pack it for less than $40.00 (I've got some 1/2" ply and plenty of poplar). I'll try Fedex ground. Thanks.

Dan C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS