Shipping Cabinet Across Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anyone have experience with this? I need to ship a wine cabinet (about 20x30x36T). I'm thinking a moving company that specializes in small shipments. Don't expect that it is going to be cheap.

I have one that I'm taking to the Chicago area that eventually needs to be in California and another that when I finish it will need to be sent from here (Cary, NC) to the Chicago area.

A Bing search produced www.transitsystems.com which seems to do what I need. Inside pickup and delivery. Anyone have any experience with this outfit or have another they like.

Hope everyone had a great holidy. - Ken.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
try ups store they do freight shipping also

few years ago i shipped a gun rack it was about 14d x 34t x 36w
thru normal UPS shipping it was almost $150 to ship to Chicago

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well I hauled the cabinet up to Indiana for the wedding reception and showed it to the niece and her new husband. It was a big hit, just what they wanted. (I had an inside track on knowing what they needed as my nephew was staying with them and feeding me reports.)

I took it to the UPS Store and they packaged it and shipped it. Should be in California this Friday. After packaging it weighed 135 lbs and cost about $250 to ship, but that sure beat the $850 quote I got from the moving company.

Now I just need to finish the second one and send it to my mom in Indiana. Hopefully it will be a little cheaper to send as the distance is a little shorter.

Pictures soon. Still recovering from the trip.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors