shellix head

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I finally received my byrd shellix head for my grizzly g0453 15 inch planer. I am planning on installing it this weekend, I am wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice on what I should be careful of during installation. I have watched all the youtube videos I can find and it looks pretty straight forward. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Use a tray to keep your parts in order also, when disassembling take pix before and after each piece is removed. Makes reassembly brain dead easy

Hjanes

Harlan
User
A couple years ago Matt Cremora showed his procedure doing this on his you tube channel. I don't recall if it was as detailed as you might need. I do recall it was not a trivial exercise. I'd like to know how it goes and what you learn in the process. This is "on my list" too.

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Spent a good two hours on the planer Saturday and then had to go on a hunt for a gear puller that would fit. I got the puller today and will get back on putting it back together tomorrow. Always looks easy on the videos, mine just doesn’t work like that.

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Got it together this morning after one more trip to town for a 4x4x20 keyway (must have grown legs and walked away). Not only is the finish great but it is so much quieter. Before my planer was loud with earmuffs on, now I have to take them off to make sure it is running. Large front end investment but I think it is going to make a huge difference in my planer. Thanks everyone for the advice. I am available for questions if anyone is thinking about this upgrade.

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Forgot to send photo

Attachments

• 11B5A444-287F-4992-8E51-B4543CFA4F2F.jpeg
    11B5A444-287F-4992-8E51-B4543CFA4F2F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 81

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS