Shelf Pins vs. Shelf Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Merrill77; :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: After I posted, I did "discover" that puppy, at Woodworkers. It was a funny ordeal,really, first they had only one reserved and 3 missing,they ordered one, 5 mins later another guy from the store called back to say HE found where they were hiding LOL, I went and bought one. I will update ya onceth I useth :gar-La;:gar-La;

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
About six months ago, I ordered a jig from the following website:

http://www.megproducts.com/

I got the cheap one (1/2" Baltic Birch)...I even got a modest discount since the birch had a knot hole. That said, I have been impressed with the simplicity of the jig, it is very easy to use. Some of you may recognize the jig as one that Norm used.

Donn

ehpoole

Ethan
Like this? http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2080751/29891/Trend-T4-11-HP-VS-Plunge-Router.aspx "5/8" Euro Style Guide Bushing Adaptor plate for Screw-on Guide Bushings " On sale now ;)

I saw the Trend in a recent Woodcraft ad and it has piqued my interest.

My first choice would be a punge base for my Bosch Colt palm router -- How I wish Bosch (or someone) would release such an accessory! For the life of me I can't figure out why Bosch has not yet done so, its such an obvious accessory and the Colt motor is an independent unit so could be easily switched between fixed and plunge bases without any modification. For light-duty routing my Bosch Colt is, without doubt, my favorite and preferred router. I love my PC 690 & 890 routers too, but the Colt is such a joy to use.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
:wsmile::wsmile: Hence the reason I bought the Trend. :swoon::swoon::swoon: I own 7 blasted routers but only the PC 690/890 critter is a plunge, too blasted heavy and clumsy for LOTS and LOTSa hole drillin.
Nice line boring head for my drillpress wood b great but too expensive for low volume. hoWEVER IF N ONE SHOWED UP FOR SALE reasonable I wood grab it :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
There is at least 1 after market plunge base for the Colt. `$350.00.
I have a discontinued plunge base for RotoZip that works fairly good. Uses the same locking method as the Festool. I also use the self centering dril bit most of the time, but do use a router if I'm afraid of tearout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS