Shed Crawl anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Anyone here ever heard of a shed crawl? While I was visiting Melbourne, Australia last year I made contact with some woodworkers there. They introduced me to the concept of the "shed crawl". (They call their workshops, sheds ;-)). Anyway, the shed crawl is like a pub crawl I reckon. They set up a schedule to meet at someone's shop in the morning, hang out for an hour or so, then move on to the next shop, until they've made a day of it. Usually there are demos or requests for help involved. They sometimes descend enmass on a woodworker's store at some point during the day. These events might also include a BBQ and some libations :drunken_s.

I thought this was such a cool idea. I see that we sorta already do this in a less organized manner. It would be cool to have a few area "shed crawls" or shop crawls going on on a prescribed weekend. Just thought I'd throw that out there to stir some thoughts. :-D

Bob

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bob,

I think it's a terrific idea. Yea, we do visit one another... but it's a visit, not a crawl... or maybe a lunch somewhere. The whole idea of NCWW is to create a community of woodworkers and enjoy the benefits of being a community. I think your idea for a crawl would enhance the spirit of community.

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'm a noobie to hanging out with you guys, but I'd be interested in a shed crawl. Mine is still under construction (might always be) but i'm up for being involved.

Jimmy

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Come on DaveO. I thought that being a Johnston County boy , like me , that you'd be interested. Or is it just that you don't want anybody to find out that you have a bunch of wood elves (highly elusive by the way) chained to workbenches doing your work for you. Because none of us really believe that you finish your projects as fast as you do without some sort of secret helpers. :lol: Ha ha ha!

Jimmy

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Crawfish! You're speaking my language now, Jeff. A shed crawl and a crawfish boil, man this is getting better all the time... aaayeee!!! (cajun yell) :rolf:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey woodArtz,

If it's cajun food you want I can always make up a big pot of Jambalaya for lunch during a pubcrawl in my area. Cajun food Hoo-Boy garunteeed !

Jimmy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Come on DaveO. I thought that being a Johnston County boy , like me , that you'd be interested. Or is it just that you don't want anybody to find out that you have a bunch of wood elves (highly elusive by the way) chained to workbenches doing your work for you. Because none of us really believe that you finish your projects as fast as you do without some sort of secret helpers. :lol: Ha ha ha!

Jimmy

:eusa_shhh:eusa_shhh Don't give me away that easy. Actually my shop is always open to any one who wants to come and visit...you just have to find it. Those who've been here know the first time can be difficult. But once you've found it, many can't seem to stay away :lol::lol::lol:
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Sounds like a neat idea.

So far my crawls have been limited to just a few fellow NC WWers. It would be neat to see some of the other shop layouts and drool over cool toys. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
to any one who wants to come and visit...you just have to find it. Those who've been here know the first time can be difficult. But once you've found it, many can't seem to stay away :lol::lol::lol:
Dave:)
Oh, I don't know, I think the second time was just as hard as the first

:neener:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This is a great idea. And I, for one would love to participate. Even host one of the stops. The nice thing about visiting my shop is that everyone who has ever visited has gone away feeling much better about their own shops.:rolf:

Anyway, let me interject something. After 2 years on this site, I have a feeling for the dynamics. The ONLY way something like this can happen is if someone who is very stubborn and is willing to put some extra time into it, unilateraly takes command and organizes it.

I am already up to my xxx in alligators, so it can't be me.

Anybody willing to step up to the plate? Remember don't ask just do it.:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:BangHead:

sapwood

New User
Roger
I like it. :eusa_danc
State law limits my shop capacity to two persons and two cases of beer :drunken_s

However, I'd loved to visit others. Perhaps we could charter a bus 8-O

Roger (who has only visited Dave's shop once :eusa_whis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS