Sharpening workshop JULY 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If we have enough interest we will hold a sharpening workshop on Saturday July 11 at Bill Clemmons' shop in Liberty, NC

Cost will be $10 plus $5 if you want pizza for lunch. Liberty is a small town and pizza is the only place that delivers.
You are welcome to bring your own lunch, peel pine bark off a tree, or work through lunch.

You must bring things to sharpen, can be hand planes, chisels, saws, knives, axes, turning tools, pencils, a wood stick... Sorry i can't make your grandkids sharper in a day.

There is usually a 15 minute demonstration, talk about safety and dog petting time then you get to work while I watch, offer suggestions, and give advice.

We need at least 5 to make it happen and ten starts to get crowded.

Bill will send directions via private message a couple days before the workshop.

smallboat
ck1999
Mark Gottesman
mquan01
Danny Batchelor
Raymond maybe
RonJ103
Jim Hancock
Redknife
Bobby G.

ednl Ed

Last edited:

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Re: Sharpening workshop?

count me in for a refresher. If it looks crowded I can drop to make room for someone who hasn't been.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark

I would like to come and bring a hand saw. Put me down for 1 slot.

Should be able to make July 11

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I would like to attend. Could I also bring an old plane and get advice on how to tune it up?

Yes, that is the point of these workshops. But, I have to say I don't have much experience with wood body planes. I know a lot more about the Stanley metal body type.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Saw sharpening should be an all day class by itself. But, if you don't mind reading some information first and waiting while I help others we can do it.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

I wood (LOL) like to be there...BUT...DON'T put me on the list as I'll be in Prescott, AZ visiting my parents!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Had thoughts of attending; however, my company decided I need to go to Kansas City, MO and from there drive up to Salt Lake City and then fly back to Charlotte just in time for the 4th of July weekend. Oh, well - I guess I will just have make up for missing this by eating some good ol' Kansas City BBQ. I will think of all of you though! :wwink:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

I have been to two of these sessions already, so I should be at the bottom of the list if there ends up being a stand by list. If there is room, I would attend though. I want to tune up a cabinet scraper and work on planing the face of a board without getting ridges.

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User

Mike,
Just checked next month's calendar and I have a conflict with the 27th and have to withdraw my name from the sharpening workshop. Bummer!

toolman

New User
Chad

So, would another day be better for everyone?

Mike, I would also like to attend as well, But I have a lot going on.. So you name the weekend and if I can go I well.. But I cannot go on the 27 have a Tournament..

I only have 1 maybe 2 weekend a month this time for year..

I WILL NOT BE GOING.. HAVE A BASS TOURNAMENT TO PUT ON..

Last edited:

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member

July 11th works for me too.

I would like to attend, the 27th is fine for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS