Shaker Clock Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Hey friends, I am slowly bringing together a plan to make a couple shaker clocks and I was wondering if anyone had a clock face I could print out. I would really like to have the minute marks on the face as well. I found a couple on Google but they just weren't what I was looking for. I also found a place I could purchase the faces, but hey I'm cheap and I have a nice printer. If you have any resources let me know and god bless.

HayTay

New User
Update your profile with your name
Michael,

Have you seen this site, Free Clock Faces / Clock Dials has a bunch of clock faces including an "Authentic Shaker-Style Clock Face". The files are in various graphics formats including CDR, JPG, TIFF, & BMP. If these aren't to your liking maybe you could post a hand sketch of what your looking for, including size, and maybe someone can whip up a drawing or two for you.

There's a lot of other cool woodworking sections including 'Projects & Plans", "How-to Articles", and "Tool Reviews". Check them out and you may find something else that's useful for other projects.

HTH,

HayTay

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Actually the shakers were very famous for not only the chairs they made but the clocks too. The Hancock village has three that I could find while there this past fall, I took a few hundred pictures there of furniture they have in just about all the buildings in the village. It is truly a nice place to go visit if you are interested in that style, and if you are in the area you should also go to Old Sturbridge Village which is just up the road from Pittsfield MA on the turnpike going to Boston. I stopped there too, and got another few hundred pictures. I found most all of the pieces that Norm Abram featured on his show that were from both places. ;-)

If by chance anyone goes to the Boston area, there are tons of things to see and do there that make history come alive, and well worth the trip.

Attachments

• clock1.JPG
    clock1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 241
  • clock2.JPG
    clock2.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 240
  • clock3.jpg
    clock3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 224

Tarhead

Mark