Segmented Turning Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I held five workshops in 2014 and five in 2015 (w/5-6 attendees per workshop). I believe they were all well received and everyone had a great time.

Since that time, there have been several people that have expressed interest in attending a workshop.

If there are enough people interested, I would like to hold workshops on any Saturday/s and/or Sunday/s in February and/or March. Weekdays can also work.

This will not be a hands on workshop, because that would be too time consuming. I have done several one on one sessions with several members, but a basic/small turning can take 10-12 hours. That makes for a long day.

You will see the basic steps that I use, from start to finish, including design, cutting segments, gluing up rings, stacking rings, turning as you go, etc., etc.

The workshop would last 4-5 hours. We would start about 10:00 and go from there. Lunch will be served.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread and specify if any particular date works for you.

Best of all, the workshop and lunch are free.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I've seen several of your turnings first hand (and in my hands) and I'm interested in seeing your process and spickity-span workshop. I'm not a turner so I'll defer to the turners who want to attend.

Saturdays or weekdays are fine for me.

ck1999

Chris
User
I went to one in 2014 I believe. Enjoyed what I learned and saw. If for no other reason just to see your shop. I would be interested again. If there's room.

Chris

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
I am interested in a segmented workshop. Have been turning a couple of years but nothing a complex as segmented. February would be a little better for me.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Charlie, I would consider it a real privilege to learn from a master craftsman such as yourself. Weekdays or weekends could work for me.

Donn

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Sign me up! Any chance to learn from another member is great. Saturday works best, but a day off of work would be a win win. :icon_cheers

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I would be interested. I have made basic brick style but would be interested in the layout of the more intricate styles.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the responses. I will wait a few more days to see if anyone else responds and then I will try to work out a schedule.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
GO! I had the privilege to have some one on one time with Charlie several years ago and learned a lot in a short period of time. He is a true artist.

JonB

Jon
User
I would be interested in a "next step" workshop, something that would focus on feature rings and more advanced glue ups, if you were to ever offer something like that.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
I would also be interested, depending on the date. My 12hr rotating work schedule may prove tough for me to attend but can try. Days off during the week as well so throw some dates out there and I can check my schedule. Thanks for offering to teach us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS