Seeking bandsaw, Charlotte. Within 2 hours

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
"Resaw" generally means ripping. That will be a function of blade choice. A smaller 14" band saw will need a good blade for ripping such as the Infinity type because those blades are only .022" thick and bend nicely around those small 7" radius wheels. It also allows for a smaller motor. For 120volt household current, a 15 amp 1 HP motor is about maximum for that low voltage. Higher horsepower motors will need to be fed 240 volts unless you've got 10 gauge wire on a dedicated circuit.

What kind of feed rate are you expecting to get. One foot per minute? More feet per minute? Half a foot per minute?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
$500? Kind of dreaming I think. Sorry. I had a small 2- wheel and had a 3 wheel (free) Neither was any good over about an inch thick. I have a Harvey 14 inch, 3 HP now. It works. If I had the space/money, I would have an 18 inch as you can run a 1" or carbide blade on them. I did some re-saw on the 10 inch Delta by first ripping 2 inches from each side on the TS and then ripping the last 2 inches in the BS. Micky Mouse, but it worked in a jam.

My BS was a bunch of money but the best actual value of all my tools. I use it for almost everything. It was one reason I bought a Harvey TS and not a SawStop as I almost never use the TS any more.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS