Second attempt: getting better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Second real scroll saw work, done as a Christmas gift for the inlaws. Jet saw; Pegas MG 2/0 & #1 blades; 1/4" craft store ply; Steve Good pattern. I think I'm getting the hang of this, and I like it!

Hummingbird leaf small.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice job Jerry. You got it. Now next time cut it out of 1/2-3/4 walnut with the craft wood backer.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Very nice job Jerry. You got it. Now next time cut it out of 1/2-3/4 walnut with the craft wood backer.

Solid woods and hardwoods forthcoming. Gotta find an S4S source for that, as I'm lacking planer and jointer right now. First solid substrates I'll try will likely be off-the-mill cypress and reclaimed barn wood, two sources that I have nearby. May even get some slabs from the mill and give those a go.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice. The wider pieces are harder to find, but thin hardwoods in 1/4 to 1/2" S4S are available from sources like Rockler. Klingspor carries some in plastic packs also.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Nicely done Jerry, but all scroll saws should have the Surgeon General's warning label; CAUTION, SCROLL SAWING CAN BE ADDICTIVE AND TERMINAL!:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS