Sears table saw prices very low

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo3120

New User
Andrew
I agree with bluedawg76 regarding doing much better for the money. My choice would be one of the Delta contractor saws which I see frequently for $300-range or slightly higher.

I just picked up a Ridgid TS3650 on craigslist for $200. Cleaned up really nice, obviously only used a few times. It's not US made, but other than that I love the saw so far!

Who buys big ticket items new? There's all kinds of great deals on CL :)

mojo3120

New User
Andrew
Thanks Zack,
That is really funny - I guess it is preception.

I am in the fastener industry and we are astonished at the mark-up McMaster gets for their fasteners, but as you point out - on the shelf and at your door quickly!

Good to know they have the lapping compound! Thanks

Interesting. I buy lots of fasteners from McMaster & always thought I was doing good. Markup is insane at local B&M stores. Where should I get them?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Interesting. I buy lots of fasteners from McMaster & always thought I was doing good. Markup is insane at local B&M stores. Where should I get them?
No Worries,
If you are getting a better deal than Lowes or Home Depot, so be it. are you factoring in shipping to the cost of the parts and still the pricing is better than B&M?

Additionally, McMaster Carr, Grainger etc. do carry some items you cannot buy at the big box store. If you can't get it, price is not a concern! :)

Also, Remember I am looking at a 0.50 lag bolt that I can't sell to my customers at .05 without explaining why...:eek:
But you have to have the volume to get the price that low...

We have customers that have specified McMaster Carr and when there is sufficient volume we can source the parts from a manufacturer or alternate distributor and save them money!

Personally, given sufficient planning, I have access - on a Saturday afternoon you might find me at Ace Hardware or crying at Lowes or Home depot! :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS