Scrollsaw Workshop for Beginners

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Berta, has offered to hold another scrollsaw workshop for beginners at my shop in Liberty, NC (27298) on Saturday, June 29. This workshop will be limited to the first six people to sign up in this thread. If more than six are interested we will keep a “wait list” in case there are cancellations later.

Who should attend? Anyone who is just getting started in scrolling and wants to learn a few more of the basics.

What to bring? A scroll saw and a modest selection of blades. If you don't already have a scrollsaw, we should be able to provide a few extras just for this workshop. Berta will provide some materials to practice on, and there may be a small fee for those materials.

Duration? The workshop will begin at 10:00 am and last approximately 4-6 hours.

Cost? There is no fee for this workshop. However, a $30 donation to NCWW is encouraged and greatly appreciated. As mentioned above, there may be a small fee for materials, depending on what Berta provides.

What will be covered? Basics, such as saw set up and blade selection. Berta will demonstrate techniques and participants will work on several projects (e.g. a puzzle, phone stand, tablet stand, ornament, etc.).

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Please count me in. Total beginner unless you count 7th grade shop, over 50 years ago! Picked up the DeWalt when they were on blowout sale just because. I have only had time to play with it some and watch a few video's.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I am hoping for a few more people to want to learn. Maybe there is a special Technique someone would like to learn? Compound cutting? Cutting materials that are not wood? With a small class, I could teach each one separately.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
I hate to do this, but I have to back out. I have to be in California the day before so am flying back on June 29. Sorry about that as I was really looking forward to it. John

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
We've decided to cancel this workshop and maybe try again later in the year. With everyone's summer vacation and travel plans it's tough to find a Saturday that works.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Guess I'll wing it for a while. There is a lot I can learn just by messing up. :)
Scott if you want to come to my shop I would be glad to give you a private lesson. You might even get a boat ride.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Scott if you want to come to my shop I would be glad to give you a private lesson. You might even get a boat ride.
Might just take you up on that. PM me when it would be a good time for you. I am pretty open except for DR. appointments.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS