Scrollsaw Gloat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
It's official! A DeWalt scrollsaw lives in my shop! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Picked it up from Walnut Jerry in Salisbury this afternoon!

Don't mind my old shoes in the background ... haha
P1010074.jpg

It even came with a great collection of blades & such!
P1010076.jpg

And they were well organized!
P1010078.jpg

Now what can I make with it?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, it's been a while since you've posted a gloat. I had wondered if you were in WG Disease remission. It's good to know that you're OK. :lol: :lol:

Very nice looking scrollsaw. :eusa_danc

and the customary, You Suck!!!! :lol: :lol:

Chuck

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I've got plenty of patterns you can have - (especially that whale puzzle).

Give me a buzz and we can get together. I can come up or if the LOYL wants to see the deck/pond you guys can come down. Just let me know.

pete

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I've got plenty of patterns you can have - (especially that whale puzzle).

Give me a buzz and we can get together. I can come up or if the LOYL wants to see the deck/pond you guys can come down. Just let me know.

pete

Sounds good ... we might have to do both. I'll someone to help me get this baby ready for use, plus we need to come by there to show off your back yard!

cskipper

Cathy
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see projects you cut with it! Just curious, on the motor it should say (I think it's the first line) if it a Type 2 (versus Type 1 which it might say or say nothing).
if it does, what type is it?

R

rickc

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see projects you cut with it! Just curious, on the motor it should say (I think it's the first line) if it a Type 2 (versus Type 1 which it might say or say nothing).

I have a couple of the DeWalts now, what significance is there between the "Types"?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

It is a TYPE 1.

What does this mean? Don't tell me I got a lemon!

R

rickc

It is a TYPE 1.

What does this mean? Don't tell me I got a lemon!

I am curious about the "type" classification as well! :eusa_thin But if it helps, Ihave a Type 1 and have been using it for a number of years now. Still runs and looks great. (Wish I could say the same for the operator!) I haven't heard anything bad about the saw.

BTW - I picked up an accessory that holds the moveable arm up while changing blades. Put it on over the weekend. Looks like it will work quite well. It is made by JimDandy. I think I may try making one for my other saw as well. ;-)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
BTW - I picked up an accessory that holds the moveable arm up while changing blades. Put it on over the weekend. Looks like it will work quite well. It is made by JimDandy. I think I may try making one for my other saw as well. ;-)

PeteM was telling me about this too ... must be something really needed on the scrollsaw! I will check it out and probably pick one up soon. THANKS!

R

rickc

Could have sworn I posted this about the Type 1 and Type 2 DeWalts. Guess that is one MORE thing that is going! Anyway, the problem seems to have to do with the length of the blades that can be used with Type 2 machines. You can read about it at: DeWalt Tune Up Information. Look for it a ways down the discussion.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Thanks, rcorne01!

Cathy -- is that what you were thinking too about the Type differences?

cskipper

Cathy
Sorry for the delay in answering - I haven't been on the boards much the past few days. The type I's are considered to be better. The type 2's seem to be foreign -made. The difference that I've heard a lot of discussion about is that the blade clamps don't (hold the blades consistently while cutting). I hadn't heard about the blade length.

Oh yeah, what have you cut with it?

Last edited:
R

rickc

Sorry for the delay in answering - I haven't been on the boards much the past few days. The type I's are considered to be better. The type 2's seem to be foreign -made. The difference that I've heard a lot of discussion about is that the blade clamps don't (hold the blades consistently while cutting). I hadn't heard about the blade length.

Logically it sounds like the two are related. If you have only 1/8" leeway rather than 1/4" to attach a blade, there is much less room for error. Without a good "grip" can imagine where the blade would not be held consistently. :eusa_thin

John Nelson's book seems like it would be a good primer for learning exercises. I jumped right in and sort of muddled my way through, a lot of trial and error. More error! I am going back and going through some of the lessons as I have not been on the scroll saw in a while. The sharp turns - greater than 90 degrees and ESPECIALLY the 180s are always a challenge!:eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS