Saw blade vibration

Bill J

Bill
User
I have a Forrest Woodworker II blade on my Saw Stop PS that has been absolutely great. I was changing blades put it down on my bench and you can probably see where this is going. I knocked it off onto the concrete floor. It appears ok but now I am getting vibration so I must have screwed something up. There is no vibration when I use another blade or my dado setup.
Can this be fixed by a professional sharpening or have I trashed an expensive blade?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It may have hit at an angle and bent slightly. If you have a dial gage you can check it on the saw. You need a magnetic gage holder to set the gage against the blade the rotate slowly by hand to see if the needle moves. Most likely it will. Sharpening won’t help. But either a good blade shop or a machine shop should be able to bend it back to flat.

Bill J

Bill
User
Thanks! Does anyone have a recomendation in the RTP area for a good shop? I am due for a sharpening anyway. the Hardwood Store offer this type of service?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Raleigh Saw straightened a blade I had accidentally bent. Doesn't work very well to tilt the blade when you have a zero-clearance insert in place. The blade works fine after they worked on it.

Roy G

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Since it needs sharpening anyway, I'd send it back to Forrest with a note all the info in your email. They know better than anyone what is fixable.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
It may have hit at an angle and bent slightly. If you have a dial gage you can check it on the saw. You need a magnetic gage holder to set the gage against the blade the rotate slowly by hand to see if the needle moves. Most likely it will. Sharpening won’t help. But either a good blade shop or a machine shop should be able to bend it back to flat.
Send it to Forrest.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors