Safety and haste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Tonight we went to Walgreens and were waiting for a prescription when a guy came up from behind and asked to cut in line when the Pharmacist came out. I looked down at his hand and there was a nail sticking out of his finger. He wanted to know if it was through the bone. I was an EMT/ fireman in a past life and suggested he needed to go to the ER and get it removed, and then get a tetanus shot. Care and guess as to how it happened… #1 - He was rushing to finish a job, #2 he taped the safety closed so he could fire it free hand.
Sad part was he said the last time was worst than this. Jim:BangHead:

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Ouch!!

I just don't understand the going to Walgreen's with a nail in my hand!!!

I wouldn't have thought of that, ER yes, Doctor's office yes, 911 yes, Walgreens NO.

M

McRabbet

Dumb and dumber -- Dumb for doing it and dumber for going where he did and for doing it twice! I think that falls into the category of being TWO-PID!

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Real id-ten-t...ID10T

"Insanity is trying the same thing over and over but expecting different results"

Gar-un-tee this is not the first "safety" device he's defeated.

"When you think you've built it idiot-proof, they build a better idiot":rotflm:

mcoston2

New User
michael
If it was my guess, he has no insurance. If it went through the bone then he would have no choice but to go to the hospital. If it didn't go through the bone, my guess is he was going to pull it out and bandage it up.
It's hard to understand what a person is thinking. And to think that this is the second time.:dontknow:

DavidF

New User
David
Maybe the $150 ER charge is too much for him as it is to many. If the Pharmacist said it wasn't too bad, then he would have pulled it out, bandaged it and carried on. People may knock the National Health Service in England, but it sure beats the heck out of worrying how to pay for stuff like this.

sediener

New User
Steve
I've only worked with bradnailers but I really don't see how you save any significant time by tapeing the safety? Just seems stupid to me.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
"If it was my guess, he has no insurance. If it went through the bone then he would have no choice but to go to the hospital. If it didn't go through the bone, my guess is he was going to pull it out and bandage it up."

It brings home how the state of health care is sad, for some they don't have a choice but to seek whatever advice they can get. I remember the days of walk-in at the Station House for free medical care, shame things haven't changed in 20 years. Jim

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Real id-ten-t...ID10T

"Insanity is trying the same thing over and over but expecting different results"

Gar-un-tee this is not the first "safety" device he's defeated.

"When you think you've built it idiot-proof, they build a better idiot":rotflm:

Sounds to me like ''Insanity is trying the same thing over and over knowing exactly what the results will be":help: Can you say {HERE'S YOUR SIGN}:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS