Russ Denz - Let me tell you about......

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackemmons

New User
Jim
Let me first apologize if this is in the wrong spot on this forum. I read the NC WW Policies and didn't see where it was prohibited.

Here's the story:

I advertised on this forum for an expensive tool. I got a reply from member Russ Denz that he had what I wanted. We discussed the item, he sent pictures, we agreed on price, I got a postal money order and he shipped the item.

In two days, with much anticipation on my part, the item arrived. I couldn't wait to get the package open and put it to use. When I opened the box, my day blew up. The item was damaged.

I called Russ and from that point on, he took full responsibility. No questions asked.

He contacted the carrier, they picked the item back up and he filed a claim which was denied. He now has my money and the item back.:wrolleyes::icon_scra

Upon getting the denial from the carrier he informed me that he sent the item directly to the factory for repair and would have it shipped directly to me. So for the better part of a week, I was just going on the word of a person I had never seen or met. .........and a person who was going to move to another state soon.

Well, the item arrived today from the factory and I can tell you, never once in this whole transaction did I feel my money was in jeopardy.

Like I said, I have never met this man but I would trust this gentleman with my wallet. He is honorable, honest and a class act.

Jim

Glennbear

Glenn
It is indeed unfortunate that the item was damaged and the carrier was not cooperative but I am glad that it all worked out. Your experience shows yet again the kind of people who frequent NCWW and why we pride ourselves on being "the friendliest woodworking site on the net" :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Russ is a class act like most our members including yourself for sharing the story.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Holding my LN dovetail saw I just got in the mail today from Russ :gar-Bi

Just to echo what others have stated, all the transactions/dealings I've had with NCWW members has been first-class.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I have meet Russ and let me tell you, he is a great guy as you have stated.

I went to his place before I moved to Utah and traded some wood for Holly log. He wanted to give me the biggest Holly log he had, I took the medium one as I knew I was moving soon. I then just admired his woodworking shop he had, He also bought a Nova lathe and didn't get time to putting it together.

So I got most of it ready and Trufire (I believe) helped me put the bed on the legs and I bolted it down and put the casters on it and cleaned up the goop a little. Took maybe 20-30 minutes. I was just having a great time chatting and seeing a bigger lathe than the HF I had at the time. :gar-Bi

Well for my help he gave me a 6" variable speed Delta grinder with lamp. :gar-Bi Talk about a GREAT GUY~! As well as many many others from this site. I can name quite a few~! And thank you too.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
He's one great guy. I purchased some wood and a few tools from him and you couldn't ask for any one nicer to deal with. I hope he enjoys his new home as much as we all have enjoyed having him in NCWW.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
I feel humbled and honored both by Jim's opening and by the rest of you for chiming in; thank you. Truthfully, though, I am most honored by my association with NCWW, and I truly believe there is not more than a handful of people here who would have done anything any differently than I did, so my hat's off to you!!:eusa_danc
Russ

p.s.: I'm planning on maintaining my association from AZ after we move.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
You all Rock!!! I have dealt with several members from NCWW on different deals and several items came delivered to my door step in WV. I am coming down in the spring and if there is anything that is needing a pony express at the time I am happy to make a delivery. Can't bring Y'all any (hiccup) moonshine though. hehe Steve

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
No shocker there, NCWW has always been about good people helping out and looking out for other good people. :icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Glad you ended up with a tool that you can now use to [STRIKE]butcher[/STRIKE] .....errrr... work wood into something wonderful!! :rotflm: :tool::eusa_clap

Brian.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That's a great story. :icon_thum I hate that the item was damaged, and I really hate it that they denied the claim, but that is very honorable of Russ to see it all the way through. Great job! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS