Rubio Monocoat Finish Repair

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Any thoughts on how to repair a burn on a table? This is mahogany / maple (ebony corners) and they set a hot pad on the table and it's left some rings. Can you re-sand the area and reapply? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6410.JPEG
    IMG_6410.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • table_burn.jpg
    table_burn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

John Jimenez

JJ
Corporate Member
In theory, with Rubio you can do some localized sanding with 220 and reapply Rubio to the area….but if it were me, I’d sand the table entire top to 220 blending in the extra sanding that it will take to remove burn marks…then reapply Rubio to entire top. I started using the universal maintenance oil on top of the Rubio pure for a little more sheen and really like the look. I believe that Rubio will tell you to only sand to 120-150 but I’ve always sanded to 220 because I can’t help myself and I’ve always liked the finished product.

Bill_L

Bill
Corporate Member
Yeah - I was worried about a localized sanding job and trying to blend it in. I struggled with what grit and I think I landed on 150. I would have preferred going higher but followed their instructions. I will let my buddy know it will require the top be sanded again and reapply the finish. Thanks!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors