Rowan and surrounding area breakfast 6-21-08 8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would like to schedule another breakfast in or around Rowan, Cabarrus, or Davidson County area for Saturday the 21st of June. It has been almost two months since the area folks met for breakfast. I would like to coordinate a breakfast get together at the restaurant of the group's choosing. The last time we got together there were quite a few members that could not make it. This would give us a week and a half to plan the gathering. The last time was at the Cracker Barrel in Salisbury. I am open for suggestions that would be more centrally located. The counties that would be typically close would be, but not limited to: Rowan, Davidson, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Davie, Stanley, Iredell, Forsyth, Guilford, etc. All members of NCWW.net are invited and I hope to get a large turn out this time. Please respond to this thread with restaurant suggestions and whether you can make it to breakfast . I will add a pole once enough interest is shown. Thank you for your interest in advance. The last time we were a small group but enjoyed a lot of great fellowship. :icon_thum

Last edited:

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Re: Breakfast or Lunch in or around Rowan, Cabarrus, Davidson County

I am inerested in getting together again but already have a commitment on the 21st - Art on Easy Street in Salisbury. I'll be demonstrating my spring pole lathe and other greenwood techniques. Come by and see me and all the other artists/craftsmen who will be there.

TracyP

Tracy

bump

TracyP

Tracy

I am going to bump this thread once more to see if we have any takers. Everyone may be busy on this Saturday. Myself and another member are probably gonna meet at the Cracker Barrel in Lexington or Salisbury for breakfast Saturday morning. Would love to have some more woodworkers attend.

TracyP

Tracy
Re: Rowan and surrounding area breakfast

Plans are changing. Looks like we may meet at Porky's in China Grove sometime Saturday morning. Time to be decided in the next day or so. This would be close to Kannapolis, Concord and surrounding areas.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: Rowan and surrounding area breakfast 6-21-08

Tracy, Count me in - I hope to meet other members as well -

Phillip

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

Count me in too! Plans to be away just changed so I'll see you all there.

cskipper

Cathy

Count me in too! Plans to be away just changed so I'll see you all there.

Hmmm. Mark, will you be heading this way any time soon (after your breakfast on Sat)? If so, could you pony express the cedar Tracy has for me? He also has some from CaptainA who is in or around Asheville. I can take his and meet him somewhere, or maybe you two could meet??

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member

Sorry Cathy/CaptainA...I'm mostly traveling between home and the CLT airport through the summer. On July 26th I will be going to Ed Hobbs' place for the Antique Tool Collectors meeting in Raleigh and will be seeing MacRabbet/Ossie-X. Happy to hand it off there if you all can work out the details. Later on in August I'll be attending the IWF in Atlanta and could meet you traveling south on I-85.
How much Cedar are we talking about? Needs to fit in a C-RV w/a few suitcases.
Mark

TracyP

Tracy

Any more close or not so close woodworkers want to meet in the morning for breakfast in China Grove? Just have myself, plcwoodart, and tarhead so far. Would love to have some more. Time tba later today.

TracyP

Tracy
If it is ok, breakfast will be at Porky's at 8:30 Saturday morning. Porky's is on 29 in China Grove. Would love to see some more members there.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Tracy we met at the picnic (or was it the Charlotte Woodworker show?) so I'll recognize you.

PLCWoodart,
Look for a grayhaired guy with glasses wearing a red University of Louisana 'Rajun Cajun' ballcap. Should be the only person in all of NC wearing that cap tomorrow.
See yall in the morning!

TracyP

Tracy
Great, cedar is loaded, already had it cut to size, most pieces are about 5' long. I will be wearing my NCwoodworkers.net shirt. White with the famous ncwoodworker,net logo. I may have someone from work meeting me there that is interested in woodworking and is currently putting a shop together. Also the wife is coming, so feel free to bring the LOYL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS