Router Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
And NOW we all bow to The God ALTENDORF THE MIGHTY SLICER :eusa_clap:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Son of Martin, God of all woodworking machinery for all time.

My slider is a Felder. I'm pretty sure he was a second cousin once-removed of Altendorf on his mother's side.

P.S. What the heck are we talking about?

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJmLJTy958

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgWwpCkyUYI

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry59Xo_hhzc

And, even if you DON'T have to ask, you still don't want to know.

K

Skymaster

New User
Jack
OK now we have established your shop is worth more than my house :D In the morning I shall go into mine, look around, cry, be very very humble good Sir. However I DO have a Festool 150 ros, does that even count? Very impressive tools you have Sir.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
OK now we have established your shop is worth more than my house :D In the morning I shall go into mine, look around, cry, be very very humble good Sir. However I DO have a Festool 150 ros, does that even count? Very impressive tools you have Sir.

Are you nuts?!? I don't have that stuff! I think you are required to learn German before they will even interview you to see if you are a worthy candidate to purchase their wondrous products. I actually only know of one hobbiest in the entire country that has a full Martin shop set-up, and he's a urologist, which means if forgoes owning a car he can then keep up with the payments. Seriously for a second, those four machines in the videos total around $150k, and then you can start to buy the tooling.

That's lottery territory for me. I only have the slider's little cousin, a Felder K700.

Oh, and I only have a Festool Rotex 125, so you've got me beaten by an inch.

Hmm, that didn't come out right; although some people may disagree.

K

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Are you nuts?!? I don't have that stuff! I think you are required to learn German before they will even interview you to see if you are a worthy candidate to purchase their wondrous products. I actually only know of one hobbiest in the entire country that has a full Martin shop set-up, and he's a urologist, which means if forgoes owning a car he can then keep up with the payments. Seriously for a second, those four machines in the videos total around $150k, and then you can start to buy the tooling.

That's lottery territory for me. I only have the slider's little cousin, a Felder K700.

K

As a sidenote here….. I recently acquired a Hammer bandsaw…. Lets just say Im less than pleased with it…. I want my Delta back!

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
As a sidenote here….. I recently acquired a Hammer bandsaw…. Lets just say Im less than pleased with it…. I want my Delta back!

As a general rule: Germany for all things woodworking EXCEPT bandsaws; Italy for bandsaws.

So Mike, you now know which sliding table saws and bandsaws to get... Bonus!!!

K

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Brand names are merely a expectation set by the market. I have found these name to sometimes meet those expectations and sometimes disappoint. Either way, back to the original topic...wait what was that again....I think we derailed then derailed the derail and derailed that. So in summary, buy, build whatever you find the most appealing and reasonable in your financial, ability and scope of work situation. Most anything you spend good money on will work well or can be returned if it disappoints (buying new). After all, you can't know what you want on the Tai Food Menu if you've never had Tai before, you must read the description and try one dish and keep in mind not all dishes taste the same and the same dish will taste different at different places.

Skymaster

New User
Jack

K

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::gar-Bi:gar-Bi

ONLY have the Felder?????? THAT still supercedes my shop! My slider consists of a Delta contractor saw with a Jessem Mast-r-slide attachment on left side.Jet 2hp shaper, jjp12, jet 22-44, and some other stuff. All of which do not equal that Felder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS