Router-table sub-plate aids small part shaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
When shaping small parts on the router table, the large center hole in the router-table mounting plate is problematic. To get around this, I drilled a small bit-clearance hole in a scrap piece (here I used 1/4" MDF) and temporarily affixed this "sub-plate" to the table with double-stick tape.

Router_tbl-subplate-dscf0505.jpg

This is shown setup with a 1/2" laminate-trimmer bit; I have used this setup to shape the small curved base for my rosewood rifle sight, and am currently using it on a new project to shape 4 tapered pieces of 1/4" MDF for a prototype for a Irish Uilleann Pipes "regulator" pipe that will have a "square" conical bore instead of the traditional "round" conical bore (which would require custom-made and expensive machined steel reamers for shaping).

Regards,

John

erasmussen

New User
RAS
When shaping small parts on the router table, the large center hole in the router-table mounting plate is problematic. To get around this, I drilled a small bit-clearance hole in a scrap piece (here I used 1/4" MDF) and temporarily affixed this "sub-plate" to the table with double-stick tape.

Router_tbl-subplate-dscf0505.jpg

This is shown setup with a 1/2" laminate-trimmer bit; I have used this setup to shape the small curved base for my rosewood rifle sight, and am currently using it on a new project to shape 4 tapered pieces of 1/4" MDF for a prototype for a Irish Uilleann Pipes "regulator" pipe that will have a "square" conical bore instead of the traditional "round" conical bore (which would require custom-made and expensive machined steel reamers for shaping).

Regards,

John

great work around:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS